Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (15)


This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!
I really suck at the two line thingy, no surprise (if you look at all my TT, they're hardly ever just two lines), but this week, I'm really pushin' it. Also, instead of just one teaser, I have two for all of you awesome sugah muffins!

My 1st Teaser
But it's not just me. Everything looks beautiful. The Book of Shhh says that deliria alters your perception, disables your ability to reason clearly, impairs you from making sound judgments. But it does not tell you this: that love will turn the whole world into something greater than itself. Even the dump, shimmering in the heat, an enormous mound of scrap metal and melting plastic and stinking things, seems strange and miraculous, like some alien world transported to earth. In the morning light the seagulls perched on the roof of city hall look like they've been coated in thick white paint; as they light up against the pale blue sky I think I've never seen anything so sharp and clear and pretty in my life. Rainstorms are incredible: falling shards of glass, the air full of diamonds. The wind whispers Alex's name and the ocean repeats it; the swaying trees make me think of dancing. Everything I see and touch reminds me of him, and so everything I see and touch is perfect.
- Page 261-262, Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)I could have easily stopped this quote after the third sentence and it would have gotten my point across but I didn't just want to share with you one of my favorite quotes from Delirium, I wanted to share with you the beauty and elegance and simplicity of Lauren Oliver's writing. Those lines that are colored are a few examples of what I love most about Oliver's writing. <333

As some of you know, I just finished Delirium on Sunday and boy, am I still on that high or what! Delirium doesn't leave you with a feeling of, "WOW! THAT WAS AMAZING!" It's more like, "Wow. That was breathtaking." There's a subtle difference. ;) It's just too good to pass up!

My 2nd Teaser
Old words; words that nearly brought me to my knees.
Life free or die.
Four words. Thirteen letters. Ridges, bumpes, swirls under my fingertips.
Another story. We cling tightly to it, and our belief turns it to truth.
- Page 86, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)I don't even have to say anything about that one. Just know that right now, where I'm at in the story, I'm all sorts of sad. The way how Delirium ended to the way how Pandemonium started...I just...have the strongest gloomy, melancholy feeling hovering above me - I can't shake it! I've become emotionally, mentally and maybe even physically involved in Lena's story that it's become a part of me.

I've heard/read from everyone who has read Pandemonium that it ends with a killer cliffhanger; that makes me scared and excited. As I'm reading, I'm trying to come up with various scenarios as to what could possibly occur on that last page of the book...just so I won't be too shocked...but who am I kidding? We all love those little jaw-dropping surprises! ;)

As if it's not obvious enough, I'm knee-deep into this crazy world that Lauren Oliver has created and...quite frankly, I don't wanna leave it. For a while. But I guess I could spare a little time to check out your Teaser Tuesday, if I must, so leave your link below and I'll be by.

Happy Tuesday!
And because I'm feeling inspirational...or whatever.










7 comments:

  1. I swear, I love the way you put posts together.
    :-) Now, I just might read Delirium. Lauren Oliver is actually visiting the Philippines in a few days for a signing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so sweet of you, Kate! Thank you! But yes, read Delirium as soon as you can; I'm sure you'll love it! ;)

    Omg, Lauren Oliver's going to be there?! Too epic! You must attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I love both quotes, because DELIRIUM and PANDEMONIUM are two of my all time favourite books!!! <3 Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely teasers! I loved Delirium and I'm going to read Pandemonium soon...but I'm totally scared to, after the ending of Delirium D:

    My Teasers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teasers!! I really need to read Pandemonium. I was so excited for it, and I even pre-ordered it, and I still haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love Delirium!!! And alex!!! This is one of my favorites books!!! I'm just starting to read Pandemonium and I know the feeling you describe. Awesome teasers!!! Here is mine: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-everneath-by-brodi.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really need to get to Delirium. I love the long teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p