Welcome to my stop on the Relinquishing Liberty Blog Tour hosted by Girls Heart Books Tours. For today's stop, I've got an awesome guest post by Maureen Mayer to share with all of you as well as an excerpt from Relinquishing Liberty that cannot be missed!
Did I forget to mention the giveaway? Yes! There's also a tour wide giveaway so, do not go anywhere because there's a lot of epic going on here! Let's get to it!
About the book:
Second Chances, #1)
Author: Maureen Mayer
Release date: August 24, 2013
On the outside, Liberty Davis appeared to have it all…a loving family, a tight knit circle of friends, and a bright future ahead of her. Everything was perfect. That is until her brother tragically took his own life, turning her whole world upside down.
Left to pick up the pieces of her broken family, Liberty is faced with focusing all of her attention on helping her parents cope with the loss of their son, while putting her own life on the back burner. But what no one seems to realize is that she is just as broken inside.
Now, four years later, twenty year old Liberty is taking back the reins of her life. She leaves behind everything she’s ever known, hoping to make a fresh start…one where she isn’t faced with the constant reminder that her brother is nothing more than faded memory. What she didn’t expect to find along the way was Shayne.
Tall, dark and tattooed, Shayne Thompson has developed quite a reputation for being a player. Despite everyone’s negative perception, Liberty still finds herself drawn to him. When she learns that Shayne knows all too well what it feels like to lose someone you love, she finds that they have a lot more in common than just a physical attraction.
When Liberty discovers a secret from Shayne’s past that threatens to tear them apart, she begins to question everything she’s ever felt for him. Will Liberty choose to follow her heart or will she give up the one person who finally made her feel whole again?
Damn, I’ve read so many books; I’m going to have to think really hard about these...
- Kellan and Kiera, when they’re in the coffee stand in the parking lot...ok maybe that was more than kissing, but definitely still one of my favorites! (Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens)
- Chase and Harper, when he kisses her on New Year’s Day at midnight. *Sigh* I think I’ll always love Chase. (Taking Chances by Molly McAdams)
- Cam and Avery - “No that wasn’t a kiss.” His lips brushed mine in the most tantalizing, promising way. “That was a goodnight.” - SWOON! (Wait for You by J. Lynn)
- Christian and Ana, when he’s licking ice cream off of her and then her kisses her, allowing Ana to taste both him and the vanilla ice cream. Hmm, gives new meaning to vanilla! (Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James)
- Scarlett and Rhett - “I want to make you faint. I will make you faint. You’ve had this coming to you for years. None of the fools you’ve known have kissed you like this–have they?” (Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell)
- Gabriel and Julia’s first kiss in the orchard. (Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard)
- Lucas and Jacqueline - If someone had asked, “How does this compare to kissing Kennedy?" I would have answered, "Who?” - THAT was a hot kissing scene! (Easy by Tammara Webber)
- Jason and Haley - “Maybe you should just admit that you're crazy about me," he said, leaning in to kiss her again. "And why would you want me to do that?" she asked, still smiling. "Because I'm playing for keeps, my little grasshopper.” - Definitely one of my favorite books! (Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson)
- Philip and Jadyn, when he comes home and Jadyn is baking cupcakes and they end up having a frosting war. Ok, so maybe that one was more than just a kiss too, but it was cute, and playful, and romantic! (That Wedding by Jillian Dodd)
- Alex and Daisy, when he’s kissing her tears away, and Daisy realizes that Alex really does love her. Totally a swoon-worthy moment! If you haven’t read this book, I highly recommend it! (Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips)
Excerpt from Relinquishing Liberty:
About the author:
Thanks to authors like J. K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer and E. L. James, Maureen has rediscovered her love for reading. When she’s not writing, you can find her curled up in bed with her kindle, diving into a steamy romance novel. She is currently working on her first New Adult novel and hopes to self-publish it late this summer.
Connect with Maureen Mayer: Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway
|Check out more stops on the Relinquishing Liberty Blog Tour.|