Welcome to day seventeen of my month long celebration event for Books Over Boys' three year anniversary! ;p If you would like to check out the first few days, you can do so by clicking the link that says "click here for all things blogoversary related" underneath the B.O.B. Turns 3 tab located in my right sidebar.
Even though the official day for my blogoversary has come to pass, I'm still celebrating because the days following my very first blog post are still worthy of celebration, yaknow? Well, I think so, anyway. Or, I just want a reason to celebrate, so here we are!
For today's feature, I've got the amazing Molly McAdams, New York Times & USA Today Best Selling Author of Taking Chances, Stealing Harper, and From Ashes, here to join in all the fun! I have to admit, I've yet to read a single book from McAdams but I promise, she's on my list! Fun fact, McAdams and I have the same exact first name. I betcha (well, some of you anyway, lol) didn't know that. So... yay you because you just learned something new today! ;p
Also, did you know that McAdams' newest release is out today? I know! You just learned two new things in a matter of seconds! Wow, let's keep it going! ;p Anyway, happy release day to Forgiving Lies, the first book in the Forgiving Lies series! If you're sitting in the same boat as myself, make sure you pick up a copy today at a bookstore near you and get rowin' on the McAdams boat!
It's such an honor and a treat to have Molly McAdams here on Books Over Boys today! Before you leave... or after you leave, don't forget to wish her a very happy book birthday!
- When I realized I really did have t-rex arms thanks to amazing friends: Jillian Dodd and Ashley Duffie that started a whole t-rex fiasco on my Facebook page with my readers … leading to me getting a t-rex tattoo on the underside of my forearm.
- I was being interviewed (it was a live-streamed vlog) and was asked, “How is it writing sex scenes and knowing that in your mind, Charlie (Keller), is Chase?” and Charlie happened to be sitting directly next to me.
- Speaking of awkward, I’m the most awkward person ever. I never know what to do with my hands *insert Talladega Nights quote here*, and people notice that I’m constantly moving them and call them my “awkward hands”. If you ever see me talking/answering questions on a panel, you’ll see it. They keep going up in the air!
- Walking into a Target and Barnes & Noble and saw my books on their shelves for the first time, I totally started crying.
- My first signing. I’d had no idea what to expect, and seeing when some people started tearing up/crying when they saw me just blew my mind. Knowing that other people got that into my stories/characters was an amazing feeling.
So there was this night I was out with my friends Jill and Ashley, and I was having issues reaching something directly in front of me. So Jill (on my right) reaches across and grabs it. And I’m like, “OH my word, this is ridiculous, I seriously have the shortest arms ever!” Jill said, “No you don’t.” So we decided to do an arm length test. Jill and I are the same height, and shoulder to fingertip, the tips of my fingers reached her wrist. Ashley (on my left) is eight inches shorter than me, and when we did the same test, we had the exact same length arms. Long story short … I have t-rex arms.
I get this weird sense of joy when someone tells me they cried reading my books, because then I know I’m not the only one who went through the heartache. Is that weird?
I cannot stand when I’m in the middle of a writing groove, and I’ve warned my husband not to bother me because I’ll lose what’s in my mind and flying out onto the page incredibly fast if I have any distractions. And then ten minutes later he’s stopping me to show me a funny picture and I’ve completely lost the groove I was in. Absolutely drives me insane. I can’t!
About the author:
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry four-legged daughters. Some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling and long walks on the beach… which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. When she’s not diving into the world of her characters, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom surrounded by her laptop and cell, and fighting over the TV remote. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies, fried pickles and loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm... or under one in a bathtub if there are tornados. That way she can pretend they aren't really happening.
Connect with Molly McAdams: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
- One entry per household.
- There will be one winner per book/series.
- You must be 15 years or older.
- Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- Giveaway ends on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter.
- Winners will have 48 hours after notification to respond.
- Good luck!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The giveaway is open internationally but the paperbacks and swag packs are for the US ONLY, unless stated otherwise. If you have any questions, please email me at booksoverboys at hotmail. Thank you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway