Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 22, 2014

Book Review: Torrent by Gemma James

Title: Torrent (Condemned, #1)
Author: Gemma James
Publisher: Self
Release date: July 21, 2014
Age group: New Adult
Genre: Dark Contemporary/Erotic Romance

Goodreads | Amazon
She sent an innocent man to prison. Now, eight years later, he's returning the favor...

I’ve been obsessed with Rafe Mason since I was thirteen. The twisted part of this story is that I still want him, even now.

Now that he's holding me captive on an island.

Rafe has his reasons for doing what he's doing, and if I'm honest, I can't blame him. I’m the girl who sent him to prison for a heinous crime he didn't commit.

But now he's free and the tables have turned... now he's the one driven by obsession.

Torrent is a New Adult Dark Romance with disturbing themes and explicit content, including sexual scenes and violence that may offend some. Intended for mature audiences. Part one of the Condemned series. This is not a stand-alone read. Approximately 43,000 words.
Connect with Gemma James: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

My $0.02

It’s been a while since I’ve read a book that had all my emotions bubbling to the surface, threatening to consume me. Torrent blew my mind to utter pieces and it totally and completely fucked me up. And I loved every single second of it. I had no idea what I was in for; up until a few days ago, I had no clue who Gemma James was. After reading the synopsis, all I knew was that I majorly and desperately wanted to read it as soon as freaking possible. Let me just say real quick that the synopsis is just the tip of the iceberg. It doesn’t even begin to cover half of what Torrent is about. I am seriously so shocked and surprised and just simply amazed. Like, what did I just read?!

Torrent is a mix of all the things that I love. It has the raw and real, the dark and heavy, the hot and sexy, the crazy and straight-up-crazy, the pain and angst, just... all of it. I was glued to my Kindle for three hours straight from the moment my eyes landed on that first page until I flipped to the very last page, where I was clawing at my e-reader for more, more, more! I was so consumed and engrossed by James’s characters, her storyline, her writing, just the fact that she didn’t hold back and that the details were laid bare. It’s almost like I wished someone would have warned me what I was going to be reading yet I’m happy no one did. That shock factor is priceless.

The ending left me jaw-dropped and in a state of rage because October is so far away—okay, it’s not so far away but still... if you get to the ending and you’re dying for book two like I am, then it will become decades away. I need Rampant like you wouldn’t believe! Torrent definitely ranks up there within my top five favorite reads of 2014, thus far. It blew my mind out of the freaking Milky Way! I can’t... it was just... asdfghjkl—feels, people! This is one book that you have-to, need-to one-click!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the amazing, my-mind-is-blown review! I'm so happy to hear how much you loved Torrent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I already loved the sound of the book from just the synopsis, but after reading your review? Totally sold and I can't wait to read it! Though I'm going to wait til the second book is out. I really hate waiting.

    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p