Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 29, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (40): Irrevocable by Skye Callahan


This weekly meme is brought to you by MizB from Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

  • Grab your current read,
  • Open to a random page,
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page,
  • Be careful not to include spoilers; make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away because you don't want to ruin the book for others,
  • Share the title and the author so Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to-be-read pile if they like your teaser.

My Teasers:


Lately, I've been in a dark and twisted state of mind when it comes to my reading material. I recently read Torrent by the wonderful, Gemma James, and now, dark, gruesome romances are all I want to read! It's like... the darker, the better. Have you read any dark, twisted books? What are some that you highly recommend? Definitely let me know and I will check them out, for sure! I've been making a list and oh man, I can't wait to dive into all of them.


Irrevocable is a different kind of read, obviously, but I mean, I expected it to be much, much darker. Previously, I've seen a bunch of Dark Contemporary/Erotic Romances but I was never gutsy enough to try 'em out so I don't know how to compare it to others but... it's lighter than I was expecting. It's definitely got my interest, though, because the subject matter is so very intriguing and it's got that "I have to know" factor going on.

So, those are my teasers this week. What did you think? Have you read this book? Drop your two cents below! And if you have a teaser that you'd like to share, leave the link in the comments as well and I'll swing by to check it out!

About the book:

Title: Irrevocable
Author: Skye Callahan
Publisher: Self
Release date: July 13, 2014
Age group: New Adult
Genre: Dark Contemporary/Erotic Romance

Goodreads | Amazon
Sometimes when you can’t go back, the only way out is to descend into the darkness.
my Captor
When I woke in that place, I just wanted to survive. But survival came at a cost, for which they demanded my will and body.
my Master
With pain came acceptance. Fully-dependent on the man who claimed me, I learned to appreciate what I had-life and relative safety.
my Protector
I watched him spill blood and tend my injuries. With betrayal came a revelation. The only way out was to bring them all down or die trying.

2 comments:

  1. I love dark and twisted books too! Irrevocable sounds like something I would love, so it's going to my TBR-list.
    You should definitely try the Dark Duet series by C.J. Roberts. It's one of the darkest and grittiest books I've ever read and it's one of my top favorite series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i have roberts, romig, and woodruff on my kindle but i haven't read them yet. they are definitely up next!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p