Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 20, 2011

Book Review: The Long Weekend

The Long WeekendTitle: The Long Weekend
Author: Savita Kalhan
Publisher: Andersen Press Ltd (October 2nd 2008)
Genre: Young Adult
Series: N/A
Pages: 192
Source: Received from author for review

Sam knows that he and his friend Lloyd made a colossal mistake when they accepted the ride home. They have ended up in a dark mansion in the middle of nowhere with man who means to harm them. But Sam doesn't know how to get them out. They were trapped, then separated. Now they are alone. Will either of them get out alive? This gripping and hypnotic thriller will have you reading late into the night.
$0.02
My mind is still reeling from all of the events in this thriller! I cannot believe everything that the boys went through. It is crazy scary! It’s unbelievable how strong you can become when put through a life or death situation.
I applaud Sam! He had so much courage and strength to pull Lloyd and him out of the scary situation they were in. There were multiple times when I was rooting for him and when I heard the jingle jangle my heart sped up so fast, I almost couldn’t even breathe! It was so much like watching a horror film; when you see what’s happening all around and you hide behind pillows with the blanket pulled up under your chin!
Lloyd, oh Lloyd! Throughout the book, I just wanted to punch him! Sam sure did have a lot of strength to not punch him! If I were Sam, I don’t think I would have held back, but I understand why Sam didn’t either because they both needed each other for the support to carry on and run and survive. As the book comes to an end, I completely understand the fear that invaded Lloyd! My heart broke and it’s so frighteningly scary what he went through – what they both went through is something that will leave a scar for a long time.
The Long Weekend is such a gripping thriller with an ending that will just break your heart yet make you feel extremely happy at the same time! I enjoyed it very much so. In all honesty, I was so scared while reading it. I did not know whether or not the boys would make it out alive or not. Savita Kalhan delivers such vivid descriptions of the events that the boys went through, it’s hard not to be scared! The Long Weekend is one creepy, thrilling, horrifying book that will glue you to your seat until the very last word!

5 comments:

  1. Momo! great review! I haven't read many thriller/horror YA novels, but I'veb been seeing this one around and *definitely* want to try this one. And you know, sometimes I'm just in the mood for a heartbreaking ending, you've got me so intruiged! eek!

    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh Thanks Audrey!

    You'll definitely want to tune back later for an interview with Savita Kalhan and a giveaway! *___*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get the same type of emotions that I get when I read a book! Nice review!

    bookluvrmindy @
    www.MagicalUrbanFantasyReads.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book!! Such a great thriller! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Momo, that sounds terrifying! Right up my alley! I love nothing better then having the wiggens reading a book knowing I'm safe and sound in my own cozy little reading nook!

    Great job on the review, I bet Lloyd's glad you weren't there, I imagine the black eyes and broken nose you'd have given him would be pretty painful! LOL!

    I'm glad to have come back here, I missed your site while I was sick but I'm doing much better (you commented on my blog about Kailin Gow when I was really sick and I truly appreciated it!)

    Come by and check out my WOW today if you get a chance!
    www.thebookfaery.com I'd love to see you again!

    Thanks for the amazing review and this book is definitely going on my TBR list!
    Have a great day!

    Kristi-The Book Faery

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p