Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 10, 2011

Momo's 17th Birthday Bash: Day 5

cupcake

Today is day 5 of my birthday bash - it's almost like celebrating my birthday straight for two weeks! LOL! How awesome is that?! Alrighty, so today I'll be answering a couple more questions that I was asked.

Question from Aleetha:

How long does it take for you to write for one review?

Answer from Momo:

Hmm, not long. I usually hesitate when it comes to writing my reviews because I just want to gush all about the book but then I have to put all my jumble thoughts into coherent words and make sense so . . . maybe an hour at the most. If I start to get stuck then I save it and come back to it when I have my mind back in one piece! ;)

Question from Hannah:

What got you started on reading?

Answer from Momo:

Well, I've always been a reader at heart - especially in the fifth grade; I was reading books like crazy. When I reached middle school my thirst for reading went away. I was never in this kind of reading craze like how I am now until, yes, you guessed it, until I picked up Twilight :) Twilight reminded me why I love reading! The joy, the emotions, the rush, the adrenaline - gawh! Everything about reading - it's my own personal high!

Thanks Hannah and Aleetha for asking me those awesome questions! I had a lot of fun answering them! *__* (Sidenote: Do I say AWESOME too much?! Oh well, I love that word! HA!)

And now, I'd like to present to you all, Leanna Renee Hieber!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thinking of my sixteenth year, I’m filled with memories of both happiness and failure. Happiness because I was finally coming into my own at school, coming out of my awkward shell, I was noticed as a theatrical talent and cast in leading roles in my drama department. (At the time I was also passionately writing a novel in secret, but my love for acting was what I shared publicly). Failure because I was utterly terrified of the people at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I was a good driver on the road, but the titanic-huge beast that was the Dodge Intrepid my parents insisted I drive was difficult to pass through the cones for the maneuverability portion of my driver’s test, so I failed several times. I was an A+ student. Failing was not in my repertoire. It really shook me up and gave me a complex. I believe the fourth time I finally passed, thank God, but it was a good and humbling lesson. Of my teen years, 17 was my favorite, so look forward to it, Momo, happy birthday!!!

- Leanna Renee Hieber, author of the Historical Paranormal YA series; Magic Most Foul, releasing 11/11 from Sourcebooks Fire, and author of the award winning Strangely Beautiful series. http://leannareneehieber.com  – FB: http://tinyurl.com/lrhfbfan Twitter: @LeannaRenee

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Also, today I'd like to wish my niece, Shyla, a very, very, VEEERY HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY! I know, it's huge! It's kind of a big thing! :) She's a whatchamallcallit - a PREteen now - WHAT THE! SCRATCH that, she's OFFICIALLY a teen now! AAH! Go crazy! I hope you have an awesome day! Make every second last, make it all count - seriously, 13 is like another one of those birthdays - the Sweet Sixteen or the Legal Eighteen, or the B I G Two-One! Today is YOUR day, bask in it! I love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Alot of birthday fun. Happy Happy Birthday.

    Also, Leanna rocks. Her Strangely Beautiful series is sooo original. Couldn't put it down. I didn't know she had a YA book coming out. How great is that. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p