Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 19, 2013

Book Review: Down to You by M. Leighton

Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)Title: Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)
Author: M. Leighton
Publisher: Self-published
Release date: September 23, 2012



Find M. Leighton online: Blog | Facebook | Twitter
The scorching tale of one girl, two brothers and a love triangle…that’s not.

Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white. But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They’re brothers. Twins.

Cash is everything she’s always wanted in a guy. He’s a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he’s no good for her. Nash is everything she’s ever needed in a guy. He’s successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he’s taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv’s rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn’t stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.

Black and white turns to shades of gray when Olivia discovers the boys are hiding something, something that should make her run as far and as fast as she can. But it’s too late to run. Olivia’s already involved. And in love. With both of them. Both brothers make her heart tremble. Both brothers set her body on fire. She wants them both. And they want her. How will she ever choose between them?
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | Kobo

My $0.02

M. Leighton very quickly became a favorite author of mine after I read her novel, The Wild Ones; that was my first of hers and it was sexy, complicated, and full of twists I never saw coming. When I heard of Down to You, I couldn’t wait to read it because I got a taste of Leighton’s writing and I just knew that Down to You wouldn’t disappoint. And of course, it for sure brought down the house. Down to You was scorchingly sexy—that’s about all that I can conclude. Plot? What plot? Lol! Okay, let’s try this again. Down to You was seductive, infuriating (in all the best ways), and so, so, so shocking, haha!

It’s no surprise that Leighton sure knows how to bring the fire! She brings it so hard that you’re basically singed to the core when you finally put the book down. I love how she’s able to so vividly capture the teasing moments between the characters that it’s so tangible and realistic. Every time I run across a fire-filled scene, Leighton never fails to leave me blushing and swooning and smiling like a very crazy and insane person.

Olivia Townsend—I love her. She has this shy air about her yet at the same time she’s got this fierce and feisty thing going on. As she meets the Davenport brothers, she soon realizes that the two are very different guys and she wants both. But I mean, who wouldn’t? It’s like getting to have the best of both worlds and they look the same, haha. You have two guys who are so sexy and hot that it should be illegal; one is smart and has it all together while the other has this cocky attitude about him and … doesn’t really have it all together. It’s basically the angel and devil sitting on her shoulders. Throughout the book, as she becomes more and more involved with them, she starts to question who it is that she really wants and needs that while she was going through all that, I couldn’t help but wage a war over the two Davenport brothers as well.

Cash and Nash. Oh man, for a good portion of the book, I kept going back and forth because Leighton made both of them so swoon-worthy that you really just couldn’t draw the line and choose. I mean, I guess it’s easier to lean towards Cash because Nash is taken but still… they’re both so hard to resist. Despite the “hard to resist” comment, I eventually found myself on Team Cash. I think it was definitely that bad boy vibe he had going on. As the story progresses, you begin to really wonder: who is it going to be? Who is Olivia going to choose? Because I mean, she can’t have them both, can she?

Leighton doesn’t hold back with her explosive bombs. As the dust settles and everything is brought to light, there’s really no other way for you to react besides being shocked. I was dumbfounded and just… I really can’t say much else because it will be really spoilery but… I mean, I was thrilled yet at the same time, Leighton got me real good, as she probably did with everyone else. As soon as this news was revealed though, I couldn’t help but wonder a bit at its realistic factor. If something like this could really happen in real life. But besides all that, I thoroughly enjoyed Down to You and it’s definitely one that you will eat right up! It’s got a little mystery and intrigue, a lot of hot and sexy times, and a plethora of laughter and awkward moments that you’ll simply just keep craving more! If you haven’t started this series, get on it because how can you simply resist?

2 comments:

  1. I really need to read this soon. I have it and need to get to it!! It seems like everyone loves it and I loved The Wild Ones so I already know she is awesome at writing the smexy stuff and a great story!! Fab review chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. Leighton does know how to bring the fire!!! Oh my! So far, I haven't read a book by her that I haven't loved :) Down to You was just awesome, and I cannot wait to read Up to Me! I loved your review! I loved how much you enjoyed it :)) *high fives*

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p