Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 29, 2013

The End is Here: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton





Today is such a bittersweet day for me. Seriously. I am thrilled and completely over the moon that finally everyone will get to read the last and final book *sobs* in the Angelfire trilogy but at the same time, I'm battling my sad and down-in-the-dumps feeling because for me, this is it, no more... in the Angelfire trilogy. No more Ellie kicking reaper-ass, no more Will and his kryptonite emerald eyes, no more Cadan and his struggle between good and bad, no more evil Bastian. Just... no more. This is it, this is the end.

The way how Dean is in this .gif is exactly how I feel straight down to a tee.

I'm about two hundred pages into my ARC copy of Shadows in the Silence but... I haven't picked it back up since. When I finished Wings of the Wicked, it was still in ARC form so I was literally dying and on my very last breath when Shadows in the Silence made it to me. I was stoked and beyond excited to finally be able to dive back into Ellie's crazy world because where Wings ended, it was impossible to not want to know what was going to happen next. As soon as I started reading, something felt off to me, though; I wasn't sure what it was exactly and even now, I'm still not sure. Because of that, I decided to step back a bit so when I did start reading again, that off feeling wouldn't be with me. And as you can see, I haven't picked it back up.

I'm not worried that it's not going to be good because hello, Courtney Allison Moulton is amazing and I know she won't disappoint. I'm just... I don't want to get to the end and see the words "the end" staring back at me, lol. I know, I'm probably making a huge deal about it and all that stuff but that's not the point of this post. I think. ;p

Like my two tweets above state, Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton released today and I want to make sure all of you are very well aware of that... as well as a few other Angelfire related events.



Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.

Epic Reads is hosting an event called The End is Here in which they feature all the concluding books in some of the most epic series and the Angelfire trilogy was definitely one of the series being spotlighted! Stop by the forums to check out what fans are discussing about the trilogy!

The End Is Here official bloggerThe official blogger to host Courtney Allison Moulton and the Angelfire trilogy was April from Good Books and Good Wine. Courtney Allison Moulton did an interview with April in which they talked about the ending of the series, to who CAM would kiss, kill, and marry, to what's next in stores for CAM. Make sure you stop by Good Books and Good Wine to check out the interview!

Also, two months ago today, Nicole from The Reader's Antidote and I hosted the Angelfire Read it and Reap Read-Along event. It was to last from November 29th all the way to today because you know... Shadows in the Silence comes out today.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked, be it the first or the second time. I also want to thank everyone who signed up and took part in the quizzes and the discussion questions. I was worried that no one was going to sign up and that it was just going to be me and Nicole (although that would have been a party all in itself). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now... pull out your wallet and go do some damage! Go get your copy of Shadows in the Silence! Don't forget that the paperback version of Wings of the Wicked is also out today as well. Included in that paperback are two short stories, one from Will's POV and one from Cadan's POV -- eep! Yeah, I'm so picking up a copy for myself when I head to B&N tonight!

Speaking of tonight, in about ten minutes, there will be a Twitter chat hosted by @PageTurnersBlog with authors: Aimee Carter, Susan Dennard, Rebecca Maizel, and Courtney Allison Moulton. Don't miss it! I'll try to make it but... well, I'll be off at B&N, lol!

From @PageTurnersBlog:

We'll also be hosting a twitter party with Courtney and friends tomorrow, 1/29, to celebrate the release of Shadows in the Silence. Use the #AuthorChat hashtag to join the chat be sure to follow Courtney, @camoulton, Aimee Carter (@aimee_carter), Rebecca Maizel (@RebeccaJoym), Susan Dennard (@stdennard) & us, @pageturnersblog, on Twitter for all the fun. The chat starts at 9 pm et/ 8 pm ct.

Back to the Angelfire Read it and Reap Read-Along. I would also like to give a huge round of applause and a ginormous thank you to my more than wonderful co-host, Nicole! I was such a horrible hostess (I feel so bad) but Nicole was amazing and she seriously did it all. All the kudos to her because the read-along definitely wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for her!

Lastly, I would like to say thanks to Courtney Allison Moulton. All of this wouldn't even be possible if it wasn't for her mad genius! I got a bit emotional and teary-eyed (tears were wept) this morning that I almost lost it but for reals though, thank you so much Courtney, for giving me this amazing series that I have become more than attached to! You have definitely made a life-fan out of me so whatever else you write, I will read. Always! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And in Nicole's post, she had asked:

Did you read it and reap?

And guess what? Hecks yes, I sure did! Now, it's my turn, did you read it and reap?

P.S. See you at the chat!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a very interesting read. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p