Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 18, 2013

Angelfire Read-Along: Week 7 Recap + Trivia Quiz | #ReaditandReap



So, was this week not totally crazy or what? We are *this* close to the end of Wings of the Wicked that if this past week for Ellie and crew wasn't crazy, then the fact that book two is almost over, is. Actually, chapters #18-25 are so crazy (so crazy that you just couldn't take it) that you probably finished the book by now and is impatiently awaiting January 29th. ;)

Speaking of the end, as we all know, Shadows in the Silence is the last book in this trilogy. Because of that, CAM will be having a release day launch party in celebration of.

You guys have no idea how badly I wish I could attend this par-tay. I mean, I'm like a huge, huge, huuuuuuuge fan of this series and this author that it's such a shame I can't -- well, more like I won't be able to -- attend. For one, I've never traveled five states (how far is michigan from cali, anyway?) away from my home state. Like ever. Secondly, I've never been on an airplane (i frickin' know, right?!). Lastly, I've never traveled by myself... not that I would have to travel by myself or anything but anyway, you see what I'm saying?

I've asked my sisters: If I wanted to go to Michigan, would you help me get there? Their responses: For what? Me: Well duuuuuh, a book signing, what else?! Their responses: OF COURSE.

And no, not "Of course, then! Let's get your airplane ticket ready!" More like, "Of course, you would go outta state for a signing!" Anyway, because there's a slim chance to zilch that I'll be there that night, what's to say you -- yes, you reading this screen -- can't attend? So, this is me passing on the information, the deets, the 411.



What: Shadows in the Silence Launch Party
Who: Courtney Allison Moulton and fans
Where: Schuler Books & Music
When: Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM EST
Why: (really?) Because it's the last book in the trilogy and we really need to come together to bid farewell to this amazing series and cast of characters (...forever).

Join Courtney Allison Moulton and Schuler Books & Music as we celebrate the release of Shadows in the Silence and bid farewell to the Angelfire series.

Enjoy a presentation, a reading from Shadows in the Silence and the prequel novella A Dance with Darkness, a raffle, trivia giveaways, and more! The festivities begin at 2pm.

Pre-order a copy of Shadows in the Silence from Schuler Books and you will receive a signed and personalized copy, and even an Angelfire art print featuring the characters of the Angelfire series!

Call today to reserve your copy: (517) 316-7495 Those who cannot make the signing can have their copy shipped to their home.
Check out more about the launch party here, even RSVP if you want.

Now back to the matter at hand.

As a reminder, the chapters that needed to be read for this week were: chapters #18-25 from Wings of the Wicked.

Just a mini note to all of you who really, really, really do not like spoilers: this is book two in the series so it comes with the territory that there will be major plot discussions which will lead to spoilers so you know, to avoid all of that the only way to not be spoiled is to... *gasp* you guessed it, read along with us. If you haven't read book one yet, well hurry up and get to it!


This week's discussion question was: Have you ever lost someone close to you?

Nicole's response:
I actually recently lost my grandma in the middle of last year. It didn't really hit me until I went to her memorial over winter break. It just made me realize she's gone. For Ellie, she's had to accept all these deaths so quickly, and with people she was much closer to than I was with my grandma. And she has to save the world from a terrible evil. Her grief is nothing compared to mine or anything I can even imagine. But by the end of Wings of the Wicked, she has a lot of motivation to save someone that's living that she loves, so for her, grief will have to wait. My heart broke for Ellie in these chapters.

My response:
Yes. Back in 2006, my grandpa passed on.

If you're just catching up with us now, make sure to head on over to Nicole's post and answer the question in the comments to be entered into the monthly giveaway of a pre-order of Shadows in the Silence.


As a reminder, answering or taking part in the weekly quizzes will higher your chances at winning a signed set of the Angelfire trilogy plus really wicked swag.

Also, don't forget, the person with the most or with all questions answered correctly will receive Angelfire swag from Nicole and I.

Without further ado, here's the seventh Angelfire Read-Along Trivia Quiz for chapters #18-25 from Wings of the Wicked! Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Grab the official read-along button and share it on your blog... or any social network to help spread the word!


1 comment:

  1. I totes wish I could go to the launch party!! Maybe if I was still on the semester system at community college, I could have tried to go back to Michigan after spending Christmas and New Years there, but yeah if you do end up going I'd be willing to give you money if you got me a signed copy...just sayin' :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p