Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 22, 2012

Book Review: Crash by Nicole Williams

CrashTitle: Crash
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: Self-published
Release Date: July 20th, 2012

Find Nicole Williams Online: Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents.

Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.

Jude's everything she knows she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.

My $0.02

As if it wasn’t obvious enough, BOB hasn’t published a review in the longest time.  I think it was because Momo lost her blogging mojo—in other words, she for seriously lost interest.  Every time she thought about writing a review, a whole slew of questions (that she seriously sat down and debated back and forth about) popped up that the actual sitting-down-to-write-the-review never occurred.  So, because of that, the reason as to why you’re reading this review for this book is kind of, sort of, really a big deal.

I can’t recall the last time I read a book in such a short amount of time as I did this one.  Crash was gripping, painful, inspirational and truly touching in all sorts of ways.  Crash kept me up all night, keeping a vise grip on me until I read every single word from start to end—until I unearthed all the secrets buried in it.

Before Crash, I’ve never read one of Nicole William’s novels; I did not know what I was getting myself into, I just knew I was excited to start Crash because it was contemporary and right now, I’m very much into contemporary.  When I started reading the first chapter, it threw me off for a bit.  I got confused and I couldn’t comprehend what I was reading and I had to read some of the lines over a couple of times.  But I pulled through because I love me some contemporary and deep down, I knew I was going to be in for a good ride with Crash.  Amongst all the confusion and what not, I couldn’t put Crash down because Jude Ryder was so incredibly captivating and charming.  I couldn’t get enough page time with him; I wanted, wanted, wanted more and more and more of him—and thank goodness, Williams had him in almost every page from the getgo!

Lucy Larson moves into a new town where she sets her gaze upon the gorgeous Jude Ryder from page one!  Soon enough, she discovers that Jude Ryder is all sorts of trouble, trouble that she most definitely needs to stay away from, yet something about Jude is so compelling that she just can’t fight it.  Before she even sees it happening, Lucy and Jude are thrown into the cruel ways of the universe where at every turn, something is trying its hardest to tear them apart.  Jude Ryder isn’t the bad boy that everyone makes him out to be, he was misunderstood before he got the chance to be understood and that theme or idea came up so many times throughout Crash that my heart broke into a million, billion, zillion pieces at least 354125768928798734958X during my reading.  He was so broken and beat up that he expected it all the time and that just broke my heart.  And yes readers, I absolutely shed tears, the waterworks came and they wouldn’t stop.

I enjoyed Crash so much and I love it so much harder than I thought I would.  I mean, I knew I was going to love it but I didn’t expect to love it as much as I do and because of that I love it that much more.  Okay, not even sure if that made sense but hopefully you guys get what my splattered brain is trying to say.  Crash was a whole lot of sadness and pain; so, so, so, so much pain infused with light and easy and addictive banter between Lucy and Jude.  It was crazy to see every bad and horrible thing thrown at them, as if the entire Milky Way was betting against them working out.  There are two scenes that keep coming to mind that just broke me, well there are quite a few, but these two were totally my undoing.  Lucy and Jude were…reconciling after an incident and Jude was explaining to Lucy that whatever he thought was the right thing to do, always seemed to be the wrong thing to do in everyone else’s eyes and vice versa for what he thought was the wrong thing to do.  I just thought it was so sad for him to think like that and here comes in the whole being-misunderstood-before-given-the-chance-to-be-understood idea again.  Told ya, my heart broke a lot while reading this book—I don’t even understand how that was possible.  And not only that but I think I seriously fell in love with Jude.  Like for seriously; I’m going insane.  This isn’t an I-love-him-but-I-am-still-aware-that-he’s-a-fictional-character sort of falling in love thing.  It’s for reals and I think…I need help.  Actually, don’t send help.  ;)  Crash, without a doubt, wouldn’t be what it is if it wasn’t for the tortured, misunderstood, and broken, Jude Ryder.  He is totally something else.  He had endured so much pain and agony that all I wanted to do the whole time I was reading, was wrap my arms around him and give him the tightest hug known to man and never let him go.  I wanted to wipe all of that pain from him and just take it all away.  Williams really knew what she was doing when she wrote him because he is the perfect broken guy.

Crash takes you through the rollercoaster ride of insanity!  Good insanity, of course.  Crash takes you through the ups and downs that every relationship experiences, except times all that stuff by ten, the twists and turns that life always finds a way at throwing at you, the loops and drops that have you questioning if God could really be that cruel—yeah, one rollercoaster ride you won’t be able to resist!  Crash was addicting and it had a little bit of everything that will bring forth all your emotions, one at a time.  And with one novel, Nicole Williams instantly became a Favorites Shelf author!  If you’re looking for a novel with sadness, pain, inspiration and hope, please, please, please pick up Crash because this novel will be unforgettable!

Links to purchase Crash: Amazon

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Good insanity of roller coaster emotions! I loved your review, Crash is a book everyone should read.

    It's just.. wow.. yup simply wow :)

    Your review was great!

    Magen Corrie
    ~ Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love this author

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely silly and predictable, but sometimes that is just what I need! especially after a book that wipes me out emotionally....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions right off the bat. You meet two people, Lucy and Jude-and fall in love with them instantly. This is a finish in one sitting type of book. Get your big girl panties on and ready yourself for a beautiful story about a boy from the wrong side of the tracks, and a girl who has everything (well almost everything). This is a beautiful story of life and what happens when you may fall in love with the one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p