Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 6, 2012

Theme Song Thursday (3): Easy Playlist


Theme Song Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous Jena over at Shortie Says that takes place on Thursdays (obvi, lol!) where you pick a book you've previously read or is currently reading and then pick one song that you think fits that book. Also, post the lyrics, maybe a snippet leading up to the first chorus, explaining why you think that song fits said book like a warm, snuggly glove ;)


I have been on such a huge contemporary kick that I just cannot get enough of them! Anyway, my current read is Easy by Tammara Webber and I love it so hard! For this book, I'm only listening to two songs but of course, they couldn't be more than perfect!

Easy
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


Usher ft. Young Jeezy - Make Love in this Club


Why it's on the playlist: Okay, I know I put this song on last week's playlist for What A Boy Wants and What A Boy Needs but I think this one fits more perfectly for Easy because there's a scene where Jacqueline and Lucas are dancing. In the club. And well, when you listen to it during that scene, the song becomes a whole lot of sexy-smexy. And after listening to it for that scene, it stuck with me!

Florence + the Machine - Never Let Me Go


Why it's on the playlist: THIS song has become one with Easy for me, haha! That sounds so weird but you bookish people know what I mean. I hope. Like, now whenever I listen to this song, Lucas and Jacqueline come straight to my mind! Just the way how it's sung to the way it sounds to Lucas and Jacqueline's relationship. I can't explain it --often like how I can't explain why certain songs fit to certain books-- but I love it cray and I think it fits uber well!


I totally forgot to schedule and write up this post yesterday so that it could go live at midnight but it slipped my mind and so here I am, posting this week's TST minutes before it's Friday on the west coast, lmao! I'm such a sucky blogger. Anyway, I love these two songs like cray and to me, they fit the book super-dee-duper well and now, I'm off to cuddle with some more Lucas!

If you've read the books, what do you think of my picks? Also, do you have any songs of your own that you think would go perfectly well with this book? Let me know it all in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of the book, never heard of the songs, but that summary has left me NEEDING this. (Coming from the girl who claims to hate contemp novels.)
    Thanks for sharing, Momo!

    ~Riv Re
    Riv Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book last week and your playlist is absolutely PERFECT for it!! The club scene was so hot and that song sounds like it was written for it! I hadn't heard the Florence and the Machine song before now and I have a feeling it's going to be my new musical addiction, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already wanted to read this book, but after your song choices I really want to. Awesome picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downloaded the ebook and can't wait to start reading.
    great blog. New follower.
    Feel free to check out my blog!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p