Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 21, 2012

Momo's Playlist (5): I Won't Let You Go (Darling)


It's been a while since I've done one of these, hasn't it? I've recently taken up another music related meme called Theme Song Thursday hosted by Jena over at Shortie Says. In two of my blog posts, I featured Nyrae Dawn's What A Boy Wants & What A Boy Needs and Tammara Webber's Easy where I listed a bunch of songs that made it onto Momo's Playlist for those specific books. But just recently, after hearing the song come through on my ipod, I realized that there was one song in particular that was so, so, so perfect for all three books that I don't know how I missed it the first time around.

And yes, this song is seriously perfect for Bastian, Jaden, and Lucas--all three of them would probably be besties if they knew each other in real life. I mean Bastian and Jaden already are but Lucas would also fit right in!

Dia Frampton - The Broken Ones


Extremely perfect, right!? Everything she says could be applied to Bastian, Jaden, and Lucas at some point throughout the song! These boys are totally the broken ones and my oh my, do I love the broken ones, or what? ;)


Now onto some other songs that have been on constant replay for the past few days! These songs are what I would call my fresh batch because right now they're up for grabs! Meaning that they're so new to me that they're not in a book playlist, just yet. But the next book(s) I pick up or whatever, will probably have these songs in its playlist!

Hedley - I Won't Let You Go (Darling)


This one--without even reading the lyrics--sounds so sad and for no reason at all, it makes me want to cry. Like whatever or whoever he's singing about just seems to be in so much despair and I just want to hug...the singer or someone! This song definitely makes me want to read a major tear-jerker; one that will open up the flood gates, one that will just tear me apart (but at the end it better put me back together again--cause those are the best ones), one that will make me want to curl up into a tiny ball and fade into nothing, one that will make me become an obsessive fan of the author ;)
so, who wants to take on the challenge and write the perfect book to match this amazing favorite song of mine?
Oh goodness, how I heart this song! I love how the song dies down a little around three minutes but as it climbs towards four minutes, it builds up again and then your emotions get flung all over the place and you just don't know how to deal! And that piano at the end--geez, just rip my heart out, why don't you!? Just throw it on the floor and stomp all over it! LOVE IT CRAY!

I was going to feature a few other songs but after really listening to this one, I think I'll just leave it at this! So, what do you guys think of this song?! It's the BEE'S KNEES, ARMS, THIGHS, AND LEGS, huh!? I KNOW. So much love for it!

So, if you've got a book suggestion that you think this song will be the number one song for, please, please, please, please let me know because like, that would be uber awesome!


What song are you currently obsessing over, right now, in this very moment?

For more of Momo's Playlist, check out the hashtag #MomosPlaylist on twitter to see what some of my current, in the moment, song obsessions are!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this. (I'll take that challenge, btw! I'm hittin' up itunes for the Hedley song, because it already fits my WIP. It may not be what you think, though...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, you don't say! ;) I'm holding you to that! EEEP, I'm getting so excited!

      Delete
  2. These are great, I love this! There isn't one in particular that I'm obsessing over but I am looking for new songs to build a playlist for drafting my next book. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p