Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (24): The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas


This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!
My Teaser
Arobynn had sent Sam to see why Ben and Gregori were missing?

"If we'd grabbed his body," Sam said, refusing to back down from her glare, "it would have led them right to the Keep."

"You're assassins," she growled at him. "You're supposed to be able to retrieve a body without being seen."

"If you'd been there, you would have done the same."

Celaena pushed her chair back so hard it flipped over. "If I'd been there, I would have killed all of them to get Ben's body back!" She slammed her hands on the table, rattling the glasses.
- Ebook: Location 71

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1)
Recently, I've been stuck on contemporary but now I'm taking a break from them and jumping into some fantasy and I think this series will be just the perfect kick! Melissa Buell from Have Imagination, Will Write let me borrow her copy of Throne of Glass but before I actually start the book, I'm going to read all the novellas first and well, The Assassin and the Pirate Lord is the first one. I am so in love with novels like this one--the time period, the medieval time era that involves swords and weapons and horses and--it just amazes me! I haven't read a lot of stories like this, only Grave Mercy, but recently I've discovered quite a few more that fall under this category which makes me so ecstatic! I can't wait to dive further into this series because I know without a doubt that I'll love it obsessively!

I picked this teaser to share with all of you because at just five percent into the story, it already shows how BAMF Celaena is! She's so tough and kick-butt and I'm just like:





I know I'm going to love her like cray and I'm just telling you guys now, I'm adding Celaena Sardothien to my BADDEST CHICKS list ;)

THAT IS ALL.

5 comments:

  1. What else do you have on this list to read in this type of book? I have several suggestions as well :) Can't wait for Throne of Glass in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one I read under this category is Grave Mercy but recently, I discovered a few upcoming releases that seem to fall under this fantasy genre as well, such as: Falling Kingdoms, Defiance, and well...Throne of Glass, haha!

      If you have any more suggestions for me, pleeeease share!

      Delete
  2. Guess she told them!!! Nice teaser girl.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Sounds like it's going to be an awesome series. I love a good kick butt heroine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I think I'm going to look into this book!!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p