Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 26, 2012

Theme Song Thursday (5): Marianas Trench - So Soon


Theme Song Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous Jena over at Shortie Says that takes place on Thursdays (obvi, lol!) where you pick a book you've previously read or is currently reading and then pick one song that you think fits that book. Also, post the lyrics, maybe a snippet leading up to the first chorus, explaining why you think that song fits said book like a warm, snuggly glove ;)


I think it has become a whole lot of obvious that I am in love with this book because today's post makes this the fourth time I've talked about this book. But I just can't get enough of it and now that I get to combine it with music, oh you better bet that I'll be featuring it with a song!

This was the only song that I listened to when I read Crash so in all the ways possible, I associated this song with Jude and Lucy.

Crash
Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents.

Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.

Jude's everything she knows she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.


Marianas Trench - So Soon


You say, sometimes, it's like I hardly know you
And maybe there's somethings I never showed you
Sometimes you're certain, but just can't get it working at all

You say to yourself somebody better
Will understand you more than I ever
I'll shake his hand, and smile, and say I understand, while I do
That don't mean I don't think about you

I know we
Said it's just as well that I won't keep, keep you for myself
But, I don't want to see you happier with somebody else

Oh, why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
Why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
Why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
I know you need someone too
This just feels so soon

I know some things should just stay broken
I'm well aware this should remain unspoken
But I've been working on the things that I was learing all wrong, oh
I know sometimes I only twist ya
And maybe I'm too proud to say I missed ya
But what if here and now, I tell you that I'm all figured out?
Or maybe I just like how that sounds

I know we
Said it's just as well that I won't keep, keep you for myself
But I don't want to see you happier with somebody else

Oh, why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
Why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
Why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
I know you need someone too
This just feels so

And I know it seems beneath me
But sometimes it's not so easy
To wish you well and let you go

And I say it's just as well
That I just can't keep you for myself
I don't want to see you happier with somebody else

Oh, lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
Why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
Why can't you just be lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?
This just feels so
This just feels so,
Feels so soon

(Lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?)
Why can't you be
(Lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?)
Why can't you be
(Lo-lo, lo lo-lo, lo lonely?)

This just feels so,
This just feels so,
This just feels so soon
Why it's on the playlist: I think this song is on my playlist more for the music than the lyrics. And as I listened to it more and more while I read, I just started making it fit with Crash; I'd pull certain lines from the song and say, "Omg, this is exactly Jude!" or "This is how Lucy feels!" But I love everything about this song--the music, the lyrics, his voice, the way it was sung--the all of it! Especially the second verse (that I bolded)! I know the song's talking about a broken relationship and her moving on and how it's all too soon but I feel like the two last lines in the that verse couldn't be more Jude. His and Lucy's relationship is a very complicated one so I felt like this song expressed all the highs and lows of their relationship in the way it was sung--if that makes any sense! Overall, this was totally a Jude Ryder song, I mean like, coming from his point of view.


I'm obsessed with Crash and I really want all of you to give it a chance and check it out because it is so amazing I can't even comprehend it! If you've read the book, what do you think of my song choice? And if you haven't read it yet, well tell me, what do you think of the song, in general? LOL

Related Posts: Book Review | Author Interview w/Giveaway | Teaser Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. What a great song!! I haven't read Crash so I don't know how it fits with the story, but it's a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have not heard of this book
    tnx 4 highlighting it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is awesome. I've listened to it like 3 times! Totally want to read this book. Love the cover and blurb!! Eek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never hear that song but I LOOOOOVE IT!! SO good. Thanks for the recommendation, I love finding new music :)
    Sounds like it fits perfectly with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just added this to my to read list. I love ballet and bad boys lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p