Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (17): Collectors, Watchers, Necromancers, & Princesses

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________


Title: The Collector
Author: Victoria Scott
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: March 2013

The Collector
He makes good girls...bad.

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions deeply buried.
Why I'm Waiting: First of all, is that cover not to drool die for or what!? It's such a tease because the model is oh so sexy yet you don't get to see his face--totally rockin' that mystery thang! Secondly, he makes good girls bad! Oh yes, please! The Collector is totally screaming, "Dangerous, sexy, and simply irresistable!" right onto your face! And lastly...well, I don't know but I just really wanna read this one STAT!



Title: The Watcher
Author: Lisa Voisin
Publisher: Inkspell Publishing
Release Date: March 4th, 2013

The Watcher
Millennia ago, he fell from heaven for her. Can he face her without falling again?

Fascinated with ancient civilizations, seventeen-year-old Mia Crawford dreams of becoming an archaeologist. She also dreams of wings—soft and silent like snow—and somebody trying to steal them.

When a horrible creature appears out of thin air and attacks her, she knows Michael Fontaine is involved, though he claims to know nothing about it. Secretive and aloof, Michael evokes feelings in Mia that she doesn’t understand. Images of another time and place haunt her. She recognizes them—but not from any textbook.

In search of the truth, Mia discovers a past life of forbidden love, jealousy and revenge that tore an angel from Heaven and sent her to an early grave. Now that her soul has returned, does she have a chance at loving that angel again? Or will an age-old nemesis destroy them both?

Ancient history is only the beginning.
Why I'm Waiting: I feel really bad for saying this but 95% of me just wants this read for its stunning cover! Like seriously. I'm not trying to judge this book by it's cover but come on--it's gorgeous! The feathers, the model, the font of the title, the birds in the background, and mostly--LOOK AT THAT TATT! So awesome! Plus, I'm a ginormous fan of angel novels so this one falls right down my alley!



Title: Touch of Death
Author: Kelly Hashway
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: January 15th 2013

Touch of Death
Jodi Marshall isn’t sure how she went from normal teenager to walking disaster. One minute she’s in her junior year of high school, spending time with her amazing boyfriend and her best friend. The next she’s being stalked by some guy no one seems to know.

After the stranger, Alex, reveals himself, Jodi learns he’s not a normal teenager and neither is she. With a kiss that kills and a touch that brings the dead back to life, Jodi discovers she’s part of a branch of necromancers born under the 13th sign of the zodiac, Ophiuchus. A branch of necromancers that are descendents of Medusa. A branch of necromancers with poisoned blood writhing in their veins.

Jodi’s deadly to the living and even more deadly to the deceased. She has to leave her old, normal life behind before she hurts the people she loves. As if that isn’t difficult enough, Jodi discovers she’s the chosen one who has to save the rest of her kind from perishing at the hands of Hades. If she can’t figure out how to control her power, history will repeat itself, and her race will become extinct.
Why I'm Waiting: 1) It's Spencer Hill Press--HELLO! 2) Necromancers! And 3) Is that Greek mythology I hear screaming at me!? Oh yeah, for sure! This one sounds like one heckuva interesting twist on Greek mythology that I just can't wait to get my hands on this book!



Title: Poison Princess
Author: Kresley Cole
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: October 2nd, 2012

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
Sixteen-year-old Evie Greene thought her horrific apocalyptic hallucinations were a sign that she was slowly losing her mind. But when her visions come true, decimating the world around her and killing everyone she loves, Evie is forced to accept that she was seeing the future.

Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she turns to wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate, the gorgeous and dangerous Jackson Deveaux for help. As Jackson and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have got the same call and discover that Evie is not the only one with special powers. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and as the battle between good and evil intensifies, it is not always clear who is on which side…
Why I'm Waiting: I've read one of Kresley Cole's adult novel and I totally love her writing and descriptive imagery that I'm so stoked for her New Adult (since that seems to be the new title for Young Adult novels) novel, Poison Princess. The synopsis doesn't give away too much but I love this cover and it's totally enticing that I can't wait to read it!


I seriously cannot wait for all four of these reads--gorgeous covers, a whole lot of mystery, and promising storylines! So, what are all of you waiting on this Wednesday? Leave me a link and I'll stop by to check it out!

And lastly:

Happy Independence Day
To you and yours from Books Over Boys ♥

12 comments:

  1. I AM GOING TO DIE WAITING FOR THE COLLECTOR!!! He sounds so amazing and just mmmmmmmmm so need it NOW!!! And Touch of Death love anything from spencer hill press!!! and Poison princess!! Picked that baby up at ALA and sooooooo cant wait!! so many picks! so little time!!!
    Tara's WOWAnd her AMAZING Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting The Collector and Poison Diaries since the AWESOME cover reveals. Great picks! :D

    Drop by WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! The Collector sounds really really good and right up my alley.

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE ALL YOUR PICKS!! *runs in circles*

    1) GIRRRRL, I saw The Collector on twitter because of you!! I want to read that book oh so bad. That cover is definitely drool-worthy and I do love how his face is hidden. Leaves it all to the imagination!

    2) The Watcher! I haven't heard of that one before but the first thing that caught my was the cover too! It's gorgeous. I adore angel novels too. I usually pick up any of them that I can get my hands on. The summary sounds awesome too!

    3) For Touch of Death can I please have a fast forward button for this book because I AMY DYING for it. I stumbled upon this on through GR and when I saw that there was going to be Greek mythology in it, I was sold.

    4) Another I've never heard of before, but it does sounds amazing! I love prophecies, good vs. evil novels and definitely a book where the girl falls for a dangerous boy. ;) I'm adding this one too!

    I can definitely see what you are anxiously waiting for these books! They are so awesomesauce beyond proportions. LOL! I'm so waiting with you on all these titles. Again, perfect picks <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you're looking forward to Touch of Death. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like almost ALL your picks...but I personally am dying for The Collector!!!!!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgggg I flove your new blog design! <3

    I was part of the Cover Reveal of The Collector and it's totally a must read. Just reading the blurb of Mary Lindsey need I say more? plus he makes good girls... BAD! Me = SOLD!

    First time seeing The Watcher, it sounds creepy as well as the cover! definitely have to check it out!

    Been seeing Touch of Death and it sounds fantastic! i need to get my hands on a copy of that ;)

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those are fantastically awesome sounding!! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for The Collector and The Poison Princess! Great picks :)Here’s my WoW post!
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear me
    *faints*
    Now I really wanna read The Collector!
    *giggles*
    And Poison Princess sounds really good, too!!

    Great Picks! XD
    My WoW
    MagenCorrie@Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Collector and The Watcher look great! I've been waiting on them, too! I have a copy of Poison Princess and I'm reading it this week!!! My WOW: http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-let-sky-fall-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL SO MANY BOOKS! I will definitely have to add some of these to my TBR! Poison Princess definitely looks AWESOME :) Great picks!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p