Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (18): The Dark Light and Inbetween

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________

The Dark Light

Title: The Dark Light
Author: Sara Walsh
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: August 28th, 2012

The Dark Light
Mysterious lights have flickered above Crownsville for as long as Mia can remember. And as far as she's concerned, that's about the only interesting thing to happen in her small town.

That is, until Sol arrives. Mia's not one to fall for just any guy, but she can't get Sol--or the brilliant tattoo on his back--out of her mind.

Then Mia's brother goes missing, and Mia's convinced that Sol knows more than he's sharing. But getting closer to Sol means reevaluating everything Mia once believed to be true. Because Sol's not who Mia thought he was--and neither is she.
Why I'm Waiting: Okay, so I totally agree with everyone who says that this cover is misleading but...I'm a sucker for tattoos and that one on his back is totally drool-worthy, is it not!? And for some reason, I'm getting the feel that this novel has something to do with angels (just a hunch) and well, I love me some angel novels. I can't wait to read this one to see what it's all about!


Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)

Title: Inbetween
Author: Tara Fuller
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: August 14th, 2012

Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky—and unending—lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left...his soul.
Why I'm Waiting: Three words: Reapers. Sacrifice. And Entangled Teen. It's definitely going on the list of Omg-I-am-SO-reading-this-book-when-it-releases-like-STAT! Also, look at that cover! I love the tagline and the little reaper sword thingies at the bottom where it says A Kissed By Death book--it's so cute!


Oh man, I have so many books that I'm waiting on that it's insane! And if you'd like to add to my insanity, leave your WOW links below and I'll stop by to check out your picks! Maybe some of my insanity will be left with you and hopefully, I'll become a little more sane ;)

Happy Wednesday and always, happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. Cannot wait for Dark Light either!!! It's hot and yes I do agree I think it has something to do with Angels.. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dark Light's cover is HOT! and the blurb looks interesting too :)
    Inbetween sounds good too!!!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to both of these too!! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Dark Light :) Amazing cover. Gonna have to check that one out!!
    And I really wanna read Inbetween, just like you said It's gonna on in my i-have-to-read-this-book pile ha ha

    Amazing books!!

    My WoW

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of both of these books. I think The Dark Light is likely to be about Angels/Demons. Inbetween sounds awesome too. I'd added them both to my amazon wishlist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want to read In Between.

    I love the cover to The Light and Dark. Gonna have to find out about this boy for sure!!!

    Here's my version of WoW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured The Dark Light for my WOW this week too!

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/#!/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30-dark-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely waiting on In Between! It seems like it's been on my TBR for like, ever now. LOL.
    I've never heard of The Dark Light before, but you are right. That cover is smexxxxy and it sounds very interesting! I'm sooo adding that to my TBR too :) Amazing picks, Momo <3

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard great things about Inbetween. Great picks. New follower :)

    Helene @ Helene's World of Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p