Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Apr 25, 2012

Book Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Catching JordanTitle: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: December 1st, 2011

Find Miranda Kenneally Online: Website | Twitter | Facebook
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate. 

My $0.02

You know those books that catch you way off guard?  The books that shoot out of the dark and completely blind you!?  But like…in a really good way?  YEAH, Catching Jordan totally caught me off guard!  Well, I don’t know if being blind is really a good thing…but you know what I mean!  Catching Jordan is fun and witty and exciting and Ms. Kenneally depicted high school in a way that made me go, “Wow, this is so real!”  All those things that you experience and go through in high school were very present and Catching Jordan definitely leaves you squirming and squealing and drooling for more, more, and MOAR! ;)

Because of blogging, my life seems to be living by this statement: so many books and so little time.  And because of that statement, when I pick up a book, I need to be grabbed by the balls—right away or else I’ll most likely not continue with it.  Not to say that I won’t ever read it again, just that it will go back on my shelf until there comes a time when the above statement becomes: not enough books and too much time. ;)  What I’m trying to say is that Catching Jordan was one of those books that grabbed my attention from the first page and it gripped me so hard that I became paralyzed until I finished it!

Immediately, I was wrapped into Jordan’s world of football and the guuuuuys.  I love Jordan’s character—how she’s basically one of the guys and her bromance with them and the way she talks to and with them and…it was totally awesome!  Onto her entourage of testosterone: I loved every single one of them!  I also really loved how Kenneally gave each of them their time to shine, so to speak, in certain chapters.  In doing so, you grow to like each and every one of them in their own way.  The guys that I’m speaking of are JJ, Carter, and Henry.  They were Jordan’s dudes, dude!  They’re so funny and they sound like a ton of fun!  I wish I could hang with them for a day!  They each have their own personality and Jordan goes to each of them for different reasons and they seriously have her back like a bra strap!

I’m so flustered right now because other than shouting at the top of my lungs, “I LOOOOOOVE THIS BOOK AND BECAUSE I DO, YOU SHALL TOTALLY READ IT!” I don’t know what else to say.  I just loved everything about it.  The family problems that Jordan goes through to all the high school drama and of course, all the boy drama-llama made me fall heavily in love-love with Catching Jordan!  As I was reading, the only thing that had me kind of go, “Uhhh…” was the short of amount of time that Jordan fell for Ty—that kind of, sort of caught me off guard but as the story progresses and as it unfolds, it makes sense…if you know what I mean by that.  There was one thing that I wasn’t really expecting but I sensed it coming that had me squeal (on the inside) so loud that I almost couldn’t stand it!  To not make you worry, it was a good thing.  A really good thing.

Henry is Jordan’s best friend for like, ten years.  Between the two of them, they have all of these cute little things that they do that just made my heart swell.  Little things that just made me go “awh!”  Things like when either one of them have something serious to say to one another, they kind of start off by breaking the ice with a funny story or they play a game.  Also, I love how they challenge each other and how they can pretty much just read each other inside out!  If you’ve seen my goodreads update, I just really want myself a Sam Henry. <3

Now onto Ty Green.  Instantly, you’re falling and tripping over yourself because he’s just that hot!  But as I got to know more and more about him, there was something about him that seemed a bit off to me—something that made me feel a bit fishy about him.  Eventually, you find out why he is the way he is but even then I was hesitant about letting myself fall completely for him, lol!

Catching Jordan was highly enjoyable and now that I’ve finished it, I’m wishing that I didn’t read it so fast because I wanna re-read it all over again without no recollection of what happened so I can have that “feel-good” feeling once more!  Catching Jordan definitely packs a good load of ear to ear smiles, tingling feels in your toes and fingertips, lots of “awh” and “ooh” moments, and of course, plenty “Omg, that is so me!” statements!  This book is totally my happy place right now and it’s for sure going on my Favorites Shelf where it will always remain!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


One Direction - One Thing


One Direction - I Wish


One Direction - Moments



Links to purchase Catching Jordan: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely, positively loved every word of this review. You sold me. You got me hook, line and sinker. -insert any other such cliche here- This book sounds like an amazing read and I'm adding it to my wish list this very minute. Thank you for writing such a great review! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ash! Comments like yours are what I live for :) And yessss, I hope you get to read Catching Jordan soon because it really is a special gem!

      Delete
  2. Awesome review! I read it as soon as Catching Jordan was out and enjoyed it like crazy. I can't wait for other books written by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews are amazing! I so BADLY want to read this book now! I don't know if you got my email with my blog link? :D If you didn't, here it is! www.blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    PS. REALLY WANT TO READ THIS!!!!!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah what she said!!! So good. Thanks for the review Momo - you rock!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p