Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Apr 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (15) & Momo's Playlist (4): One Direction


IMM is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea at Pop Culture Junkie where we post about books we have received during the week via mailbox, local library, or store bought, etc.
________________________________________________

Thanks to Lori Strongin, Harpreet, Erica, and Maggie!

• Ride the Moon by M. L. D. Curelas (Goodreads | Amazon)
• ARC: Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton (Goodreads | Amazon)
• Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff (Goodreads | Amazon)
• ARC: The Opposite of Hallelujah by Anna Jarzab (Goodreads | Amazon)
• Two copies of Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (Goodreads | Amazon)
• Two Black City bookmarks by and from Elizabeth Richards (Goodreads | Amazon)
________________________________________________

I was so freakin' excited to see my ARC copy of Wings of the Wicked! I sent this baby out to various bloggers to read during October and it finally made its way back home! This copy is very special to me because....


all those awesome bloggers wrote mini reviews of Wings on the inside of the book and...yeah, it's a total collector's item now, haha! And CAM even signed it too, woot!

That's all the books for me this week! What did all you awesome bookworms receive in your mailboxes!? And how was Easter Sunday for all of yoooou?! :)

Wait, I couldn't just end my IMM there because there's one teeny tiny piece of squeal-ish, fangirling-ish stuff I must share with all of you and that is...

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .


ONE DIRECTION

If you guys wanna leave...after seeing what was in my mailbox, feel free to do so because this part of the post might get long and...my word vomit might choose to make its appearance.

For quite some time now, I've been seeing tweets here and there on my timeline about 1D and at first, I was clueless as to who or what 1D was so sometime last week, during my Spring Break, out of boredom, I decided to youtube them and check 'em out.

The very first song I listened to was One Thing, the acoustic version. Duuuuuuuuuuuuudes, it was insta-love, nooooo joke! I watched this video ↓


Right after the chorus kicked in, I was hooked so hard! Hours later, I was still stuck on youtube, scouring for more videos. And then days later, I was still doing the same thing. They're so cute and adorable and sexy and ahem, helloooooo - ACCENTS! Yes, pleeeease!

I'm so bummed that I found out about them like two months late because their whole freakin' tour is completely sold out! I checked their stops and they're going to be in Cali for like....five days and I could have totally made one of the stops. Waah, that for seriously sucks butt! BUT, I am SO on it when their next tour rolls around...which I'm hoping won't be too long after this tour ends!

On to more recent news, haha as if this wasn't recent enough. Anyway, last night was one of the best nights for us Directioners! 1D was on iCarly and Saturday Night Live (which I never watched until last night - all thanks to 1D)! I missed iCarly but SNL was freakin' epic! 1D came on and performed What Makes You Beautiful and One Thing and omgomgomg, you guys should have seen me! I was a mess...on the inside. If I freaked out, inside out, I probably would have ended up in the psych ward. ;)

GUUUYS, they're amazing! Well...if you're into that kind of stuff...and music. But if you're still here, reading my gush fest, then for me, at least, please check out their music! But first, here are some more pictures of all the guys and their beautiful-ness!








Told ya, they're pretty freakin' sexxxxxy! Deep sigh.... Now onto the three music videos that you guys should definitely check out!

WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL


ONE THING

GOTTA BE YOU

Their songs are super catchy and before you know it, you'll be singing along...whether you want to or not! They also have a few ballads that are just the sweetest but today is a beautiful and uplifting sort of day, so check those songs out and let me know what you guys think!

Alrighty, this post started out as an IMM then it sorta turned into a Momo's Playlist...so...I'm changing the title of this post. Lol, I promise it originally was In My Mailbox (15). Aah, okay let me know what has been happenin' with all of you lovelies! And if you guys have already heard of One Direction (cause I feel like I'm the last person on this milky way to have heard of them) just act like you know....this was your very first time and get excited with me! ;)

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!
easter-351

10 comments:

  1. MOMO! Thank you for doing an IMM post for me!

    On the Books:
    Holy Gavriel! You got to copies of Grave Mercy! That is totally awesome. My boyfriend got me a final copy this weekend and I was so so thrilled :) I already read it through Netgalley and I so fell in love <3 And reading your tweets, I know you totes loved it too. I can't wait to meet Robin on the 21st. ALSO! Your Wings of Wicked ARC is a true piece of ART work! I love all those mini reviews that people did. I can totally get why that is a priceless book for you! I loves it. I am so so jealous for those Black City bookmarks! I know you have a copy of that book from a previous IMM and I so want to read it!! I just read the blurb for The Opposite of Hallelujah and wow! I so want to read that one now too, I added it to my list. Again, thank you for doing this! I hope you enjoy all those books you got that you haven't read! They all look fanFREAKINGtastic.

    On One Direction:
    So you are not the only one to have just discovered them because now through you, I now know them! I have never heard of them before, ever. I listened to the acoustic version of One Time you posted up above, and OMG OMG OMG. I LOVE. LOVE. SO. MUCH. This is like my sort of thing. AND you are so right. Their music is so catchy, I'm already singing along and wanting to click replay. I might be staying on this page forever. Of all the video's you posted, I really love What Makes You Beautiful. It's so fun and I just want to dance and dance and dance! Ah! Thank you so much for introducing them here on your blog! :D :D

    "Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
    You don't know
    Oh oh
    You don't know you're beautiful!" <3 <3

    Like I've said before, I love your IMMs and I think you should totally keep doing them whenever you can because I will stop by all the time :)
    Have a good week Momo and Happy happy reading and music listening and One Direction swooning ;)

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally just made me a fan of One Direction. I've heard of the band before but never even though to listen to their music and now..I'm obsessed! XD I love the ARC of Wings Of The Wicked you got and that everyone wrote little mini reviews inside! Awesome Haul! Happy reading & Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love how much you love One Direction, it's hilarious. They're pretty big over here and I'm glad they're making it in the US too. Your copy of Wings of the Wicked is pretty special

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heart the Wings of Wicked ARC that right there is awesomesauce. And I hadn't heard of these peeps before and now I have thanks to you so they will be added to my list. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wings of the Wicked T_T
    Grave Mercy...
    ~drools all over~
    Happy reading!

    here's my IMM :D ->http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2012/04/imm-22-oh-cloud-my-book-angels-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG MOMO! I just checked out your IMM and look at that beautiful One Direction picks! I CAN'T TAKE MY EYES FROM THEM. You totally made me watch those MVs again!

    And what an awesome IMM this week, Momo! <3 Grave Mercy sounds really good and I definitely need to get it soon!

    LIAM, ZAYNE, HENRY, NIALL, LOUIS forever!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! So I didn't have a clue who One Direction was at all until like maybe a week ago. (But, I'm almost 30 so I have a good excuse, I mean I'm not supposed to be up to date on all those boy bands and such.) I actually happened to have iCarly on for my daughter yesterday and was like oh, I can see why people like them. Anyways... your copy of Wings of the Wicked is super awesome with all the little notes on it. Great books, and thanks for the musical entertainment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post. I love your pictures! I think it's a wonderful idea for bloggers to share an ARC copy and write notes to each other about the book.

    I think you've ODed a lot of people on "One Direction". In a good way. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That WINGS OF THE WICKED ARC is awesome. That's so cool that everyone leaves a little message!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome collectors item momo
    it gr8 that 1D is famous i heard of them on xfactor of 2 years ago

    i so want your mailbox/ i'm yealous lol

    enjoy all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p