Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Apr 5, 2012

Book Signing: Robin LaFevers and Barry Lyga


Last night I had the pleasure of attending another one of Not Your Mother's Book Club's amazing book signing event hosted at Books Inc. Burlingame. Robin LaFevers and Barry Lyga were our two very special guests where they came and discussed with us all the bloody awesomeness that goes on in their books.

As some of you guys know, I just finished Grave Mercy two days ago (read my review here) and I immediately fell in love with it! Before I even read the book, I was excited about it so when I heard that Robin was coming to my area, I had to, without a doubt, get myself there because...I just couldn't miss it!

Now onto the pictures!

Barry and Robin - intro!

Q&A session!

Me and Robin - total fangirl moment!

Me and Anna from Literary Explorations!

Me and Tara from Tater's Tall Tails!
And her shirt says: Keep calm and kill zombies!
TOTAL WIN - I need that shirt!

And because Shellie from Creative Reads was so super kind enough to send me her ARC copy of Grave Mercy, I got her:


a signed copy of Grave Mercy! :)

Earlier in the week, my niece had asked me what kind of books we (her mom and I) like to read. My sil and I looked at each other, like

are you fucking kidding me

After that exchange happened, her mom said, "You know, fiction!" My niece said, "No, like specific genres." Then I said, "Like...paranormal romance, urban fantasy, dystopians...you know!" After her mom and I answered her, we both asked her why. She responded with, "Because...I want to read a book that has to do with castles and prince and princesses..." Right away, I was like, "Aah, then you'll loooooove the book I'm reading right now! It's called Grave Mercy and it's got all that!" It was so weird and such a coincident that when I went to the signing, I had to get her a signed copy:


I can't wait for her and her mom to read it! And now, onto my pile of awesome:



It was such a fun signing that I wouldn't have been able to attend if it were not for my awesomest big sister for taking me! Seriously, I was and am so happy that I got to meet Robin! She made a quick fangirl out of me!

So, have you picked up your copy of Grave Mercy and I Hunt Killers yet?! If not, call Books Inc. Burlingame because I'm sure they'll have signed copies in store for all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Great pics & write up! This was such a fun event, wish I had taken some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and love the pics. I was there too last night. Robin and Barry were so fun and engaging. It was my first signing. Now I fear I'm hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAY!!!!! US!!! This signing was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I'm so glad you made it!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momo...have I told you lately that you rock my face off? If not, well you DO! THANK YOU!!! You're awesome of the awesome-est (yes I'm making words again...shush it)! Super cool that you were able to go to the signing, I should teleport myself to CA to go to events w/you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a fantastic time!! I didn't love Grave Mercy like you did, but I think that the writing was wonderful and I am looking forward to the next book. I am just not much of a historical fiction person. Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p