Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (15): Defiance and Falling Kingdoms

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________


Title: Defiance
Author: C.J. Redwine
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: August 28th, 2012

Defiance (Defiance, #1)
Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.
Why I'm waiting: First of all, I just really want that gorgeous cover to be sitting on my shelf. If you look at it really closely, it's like...super, super, super EPIC! It shouts "READ ME BECAUSE I'M EPIC AND EVERYONE LOVES EPIC!" So, that's exactly what I'll be doing. Also, assassins out for blood - omg, SOLD! You know which other book contained assassins that I fell heavily for!? Grave Mercy! I think this will be another one of those that I just won't be able to assist!



Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)

Title: Falling Kingdoms
Author: Morgan Rhodes
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: December 11th, 2012

Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
Sixteen-year-old Cleo has grown up in luxury, the royal heiress to a prosperous kingdom. But beneath her nation’s seemingly peaceful surface lies dangerous unrest. Whispers of war are growing ever louder—intensified by a murderous incident for which Cleo’s betrothed, Aron, is accused.

Amidst the ongoing intrigue, Cleo has a more desperate mission. She defies her father’s orders and sets off on a secret and perilous journey into a neighboring country, seeking a magic long thought to be mythical. If it’s real, it could be the cure that heals her ailing sister. If it’s only legend, Cleo will be stranded in a kingdom that has just declared war on her own.

This sensational series debut melds intricate storylines with unforgettable characters and vibrantly imagined magic. Falling Kingdoms is ideal for fans of Kristin Cashore, Cinda Williams Chima, and George R.R. Martin.
Why I'm waiting: OMG! I am dying to read this one! It sounds like something right down my alley - seriously! I cannot wait for it! And the cover - SQUEEEEE! It's gorgeous and it's totally inviting and I WANT! AAAHHH! If you couldn't tell, I'm slightly going berserk over here because I'm just that excited! So...all of you should click that button up there and get excited with me! EEP!

Overall, these two debuts have me going crazy! Something sorta like this:

Old guy going crazy




#SOSTOKED
_________________________________

Well bookworms, what are you all waiting for on this fine Wednesday!? Leave 'em below and I'll pop by to check 'em out! Happy Wednesday and happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. DEFIANCE = WANT! WANT! WANT! WANT! .....


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Totally. Can't wait for Defiance. And love the GIFs ;) Awesome picks! :D

    Drop by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent picks! I am super excited for both of these books, especially Defiance. The cover, summary just everything about it is yes!
    NC
    TRuly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both book sound amazing! I've the first one on my TBR list but I will know check out the second one, sounds amazing. Here is my Wow: http://inbetweenbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-evolution-of-mara.html

    P.S: Love the new banner. #Daemonsexkittens forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read both of these, I love YA fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The falling kingdoms sounds amazing! although the cover looks a little to much like Assassins Creed for me! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p