Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

May 26, 2012

No Goodbyes, Only See-You-Laters


I can't believe that after thirteen years of school, I have finally reached this milestone. To be walking across that stage with my diploma in hand makes all those nights stressing over assignments and tears wept all-so-very worth it. To sum up this whole graduating-done-with-high-school-forever experience in one word, I would definitely have to label it as bittersweet. Bittersweet because for thirteen years, this is the one goal you aim for and thirteen years is no joke; that's a whole lot of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months dedicated to your education so of course, you can't help but look forward to that one special moment when you finally have your diploma in hand but the one thing you don't realize until the last few days leading up to graduation is that you're going to miss the eff out of high school. Okay, I shouldn't make such a generalized assumption because maybe that's just me.

Anyway, it's a bittersweet feeling to me because I remember thinking, "OHMYGOSH, when will school be over?!" And now I'm thinking, "Man, I wish I was a freshmen again!" When you're younger, life seems so simple and easy and so you rush to grow up because you think when you're an adult, life will still be easy-coasting but when you get to being an adult, life is anything but simple. In regards to school, you think that when you finish, no more school forever and that might be the case for others but for me, I'm just like, "MOAR SCHOOL!? Shoot me now." Because I'll be going onto college, I'm trying desperately to cling onto high school just a little bit longer because now I realize why people tend to miss high school so much after graduating and I think it's simply because high school was easy, high school was fun, high school was before you held life in your own hands, high was was your innocence...I don't know but high school definitely isn't college.

Yeah. Momo has definitely reached that panicking-can't-breathe-omg-life-is-spinning-out-of-control state. I really wish there was a off switch to my over analytical noggin because I swear, it will be the death of all my poor neurons.

I'm dumb scared about going to college just because it's a scary thing. Right? Isn't it? I SO don't want to go; I mean, I know I'm going without a doubt but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous as heck. I know that after I step foot into the college world, I'll be fine but as of right now, I'm in constant freak-out mode. And all of this is because of all those annoying "what-ifs" thoughts. My head is probably covered in gray hairs cause I'm stressing so much.

Story of my life when someone I
know finds out about my blog
Anyway, in some other school related news, people at school have been finding out about my blog in these last two months. I'm not sure if that's an exciting or scary thing because like...I see and know these people, you know? I still freak out every time I know someone who is checking out my blog and actually reading what I have to say. It just freaks me out. I guess that's how authors feel sometimes, eh? We converse on twitter and when someone tells them that they're reading the author's book, they probably get all excited because someone is reading what they wrote but at the same time they're freaking out because what if that reader doesn't like their book? Like I was telling Devri Walls yesterday, I always wondered what that felt like and I guess now I kinda, sorta know. 
And this ties back into making a few shout-outs just because these two people have been bugging me about - and I quote - "writing a post about them." LOL!

So, Jonnathon with two n's and Yaritza this is for you two! I don't even know if you guys will see this because I for sure am not telling you guys about it but you know, if you guys happened to randomly drop by, this is for you guys. Like the post is titled, no goodbyes, only see-you-laters <3

Now that school is done and I'm sorta officially on summer break, I have time to blog again and I'm reading, which is like super amazing! Next week, I have an author interview, a guest post, and Daemon Black on the blog so you know, don't miss any of it! Don't even blink because you'll be sure to miss something ;)

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)Also, I have this really awesome Angelfire project (as if I needed more food on my plate) in the works which will be hitting the online world in a couple of weeks so if you're as crazy about this series as I am (who am I kidding? I'm probably CAM's biggest fan that it's almost scary), then watch out for my tweets and I'll do a blog post right before it launches!

Well, that's where I am in life right now. Sorry for the lack of posts for these past two weeks or so, I'll be back in full swing next week! So tell me bookworms, what has been up with all you lovely faces? I've been so out of it so what are some super mind-blowing books that you've read recently!? Any new releases that I should know about? Tell me everything!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on Graduating Momo.
    I graduate from University July 10th and I am so freaking exited.

    You are awesome

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Momo! *tackle hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Momo! I just graduated too on Friday and I have similar feelings. I cannot believe high school went by so fast! Honestly, I'm not wanting to cling to high school like you, but I can definitely see why you want to. I went through IB and it just totally wore me out and I am beyond happy that it is over. I'm going to miss my friends sooo much but graduation is good. It is time for the next chapter in our lives and it is going to be great. :) I hope you have a relaxing summer full of reading. Don't stress about college too much. :) It's going to be awesome, you'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww..awesome post! i graduated last weekend too so i can relate with this...looking forward to your project as well.

    ~Shane @Itchingforbooks
    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT TO WISH YOU CONGRATULATION FOR BEING THE LAST CLASS TO GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOLLL!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! LOL...I'm not sure if you get what I mean.

    Hint: 2012

    ;) Hope all your happy memories stay with you love!

    Shreya@ChocolateCoatedReviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award. There are no pass along requirements. This is just to reward you for all the hard work you do! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review all these books for us authors and readers.

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    P.S. Since you are an avid reader I was wondering if I could interview you and get your insights into the books you enjoy. Send me an email: KnightessHope (at) gmail and I will send over the interview questions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations hon!!! Graduation is definitely a bittersweet thing. It's great, but you do long to just be in high school with your friends, and not have all the crazy responsibilities of adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momo! So excited for you! Yes, it's scary. And that's ok. Stepping out of our "comfort" zone is tough. Always--but especially after thirteen years. I have a feeling you'll do great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats on graduation, and can't wait to see your ANGELFIRE stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss you mo I commented on this a while ago but I guess it didn't pop up! Your awesome and beautiful.. Dont ever change <3 J.A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p