Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 18, 2012

ERMAHGERD, A ERNERCERN!

Normally, I have a banner or header or... some sort of image here and it's really bugging me that I don't. It just doesn't look right to me. Aargh, anyway I digress. Like always. Oooh wait, I know what I could put here.

This is because I'm extremely excited today.

This is because Harry's just too adorable.

And this is because I'm distraught over this Harry and Taylor thing.

Okay, now back to the matter at hand. Do you know what today's date is? Well, I'll save you the trouble of digging out your calendar to check. It's flipping Tuesday, December 18th. Fact: the one thing I learned from blogging is that books release on Tuesdays. When I learned that, I was like, "Say what? Why?" And then people explained and I sorta, kinda got it but not really, lol. Anyway, today two of my most favorite books released in paperback and I want *points* you and you and you and you everyone to be aware of it so you know, you can go out and purchase it.

But first, let me bore tell you about my story with 'em.

One night, five months ago, I received an email from Nicole Williams asking me if I would like to review her upcoming release, Crash. At the time, I wasn't accepting any requests but for some reason, after reading her email, I just had to make an exception. And to this day, I am thrilled that Crash was that exception because I love it to shattered pieces and back.

After that initial email, we exchanged a few more emails and before I knew it, Crash was out and Nicole sent me a copy to read and review. I remember staying up all night to devour it because it was so riveting and I couldn't sleep, no matter how much I wanted to. It gripped me hard and before I knew it, I was spiraling into this crazy, obsessive Jude Ryder... thing. For those of you wondering, I'm still in that thing. I doubt I'll ever get out of it and quite frankly, I don't want to. Like ever.

Right after I finished Crash, I emailed Nicole and I begged her to give me more. Anything. All I knew was that I wanted, no, I needed, more Jude Ryder. Crash could be considered a stand-alone because it has a satisfying and very sweet ending so if you only want to read book one, that's totally fine, but that's saying you won't get hooked on Jude fucking Ryder, haha! I got hooked, of course, so I pestered the heck out of Nicole and before you knew it, there was a sequel titled, Clash.

You do not understand how mind blown I was when I found out this news. I mean, you kind of have to read Crash to understand my obsession with Jude, lol. So, because I was so persistent, I got a book two--yay! And oh man, book two is ca-ray-zee! With every flip of the page, I went from happy, to mad, to swoon, to squee, to what the mother eff, to asdfghjkl, to ERMAHGERD! I mean, Nicole literally takes your heart into the palm of her hands and shakes it uncontrollably the entire time and when the book is over, you're finally able to catch a breath.

A lot of people describe Crash and Clash as a crazy rollercoaster ride and after reading it, they couldn't be more spot on. Rollercoaster ride is the only term that could accurately describe what it feels like to experience the love of Jude and Lucy. You know how when you go to amusement parks and you see all these big, frightening rides swooshing in front of you and you just keep looking up, thinking, "I won't ever go on that one... or that one... O__O or that one!" Yet, a part of you feels like you'll be this bigger, braver person if you do? And before you know it, you're lining up to get a seat in the big, bad ride? Well, that's sorta like Lucy and Jude's relationship. In Crash and Clash, there's anticipation of the unknown, thrill from that inevitable drop, twists that will leave you draw-dropped, turns that you won't see coming, shrieks of frustration, screams of rage, and vice grips as you prepare yourself as the floor falls out from under you. In both books, there's all of that plus more.

After I finished Clash, of course, it was like rinse and repeat and I wanted even more of Jude. He's seriously like the heroine to my veins; I can't get enough of him. I for sure thought that after Clash, that would be it because Clash has an even better ending but then Nicole drops an atomic bomb on me and tells me that HarperCollins picked up the series and there will be a third and final book releasing in April 2013. That flatline you heard was me. But wait, that wasn't all. Today, December 18th, HarperCollins released the paperback editions of Crash and Clash out into bookstores, eep! With the new covers and everythang. I am so beyond excited that I don't know what to do with myself. I probably sound like a broken record that everyone's tired of listening to because all I keep saying is: I #NeedMoreJudeDude, always. But it's the truth, haha!

So as you can see, I've been with these books since before the dawn of time, and I'm so happy and excited for Nicole--to see where her books are going and what's become of them. I feel like I've been there every step of the way, from the minute they were born to now, when they're leaving for college, lol! I am dying to read Crush, the final chapter to Jude and Lucy's love story. I'm quite heartbroken over the fact that this time is seriously the end. I don't know if I'll even be able to read it, knowing that there won't be anymore Jude Ryder. </3 But I'll cross that bridge when April rolls around, eh? For now...

Happy book birthday to Crash and Clash and a huge congratulations to Nicole Williams!

Now, get your butt out there and purchase these novels! You won't regret it. I hope!

Note: As the books progress, there are spoilers so if you haven't read Crash, don't read the synopsis for Clash and if you haven't read Clash, do not, I repeat, do not, read the synopsis for Crush. You'll be spoiled rotten.

Crash (Crash, #1)Title: Crash
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release date: December 18, 2012


Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents.

Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.

Jude's everything she knows she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Clash (Crash, #2)Title: Clash
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release date: December 18, 2012


The only easy thing about Jude and Lucy’s relationship is their love for one another. Everything else is hard.

Especially when it comes to reining in Jude’s trigger touch temper and Lucy’s increasing jealousy of Jude’s Spirit Sister on the cheer squad who’s attached herself to him in just about every way a girl could. Feeling the stress of trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy while becoming the foremost dancer in her class, Lucy knows something’s going to break. She wants both. She needs both. But if she doesn’t make a choice, she risks losing everything.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love might be the thing that just isn’t enough.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Title: Crush
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release date: April 23, 2013


The conclusion to the Crash trilogy, never before published in any format!

A football fantasy. A giant diamond. The modern-day Romeo and Juliet are taking their relationship to the next level. . . .

Jude and Lucy are happily engaged, but that doesn't mean life's a bed of roses.

Once again, the hottest couple around is torn apart, this time by football training and a summer job. Now it's Jude with the trust issues.

Will Lucy's life-changing news bring them back together or end their relationship for good? Can love triumph forever?

Find out in the best installment yet in Nicole Williams's racy and romantic Crash trilogy!
Pre-order: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

About the Author:

I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write young adult because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings. Here's to staying young at heart *raises champagne glass* . . . care to join me?

Find Nicole Williams Online: Blog | Twitter | Facebook







5 comments:

  1. Hehe you sound So exited about this! i definitely have to check this out now a ton of people have been singing its praises around the internet :) And, of course, you put Taylor Swift as a gif. So I'm excited. Naturally.

    But I do agree, while I love Taylor's music, her personality (especially when paired with Harry's) is starting to irk me O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post babe!! I still have to read Clash, but I did like Crash. The new covers are so purty too!! I am not a huge Jude fan only because I think his anger issues need to get in check. I would never, ever be with a guy who could be that terrifying at times. I do see his sweetness though, so maybe I will like him better in Clash then I did in Crash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think I'll ever be able to thank you enough for introducing me to this series and then again for that final push when you invited me to be a part of the blog tour! I love this series so much and I love Jude Ryder! I am so excited for Crush but I am oh so sad that it will be the end, and I'm a little but irked that we will never know what the indie cover to Crush would have looked like, cause I think I think the original covers better but anyhoo love your enthusiasm in this post =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read these yet, but totally want to now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those gifs!! And I just love these books! Amazing, amazing post!!! *happy sigh* If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have read this wonderful series, met the wonderful author, Nicole Williams!! And Jude Ryder!!!!

    I also, finally, ordered the paperbacks of Crash and Clash! I cannot wait to get those pretties in the mail!!(a little sad to see the original covers go)

    I'm soo waiting for the next book!! April is forever away! Momo, I loved this post, and I love your enthusiasm for this wonderful series! You are amazing! *hugs*

    *high fives Nicole*

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p