Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 19, 2011

BOB's One Year Blogoversary & My Reflection


Wow. Has it seriously been a year since BOB was born?! *takes a moment to revisit the past year* I can't believe everything that has happened since October 19, 2010 to...today. Before blogging, I was just another avid reader, always anxious to get my hands on another book. Before blogging, when I finished reading a book, I would gush about it for days to my sister...and pretty much anyone else in my family that would listen to me prattle on and on about books. Before blogging, I never knew what ARCs were. Before blogging, I was never aware of the ginormous amount of bookworms out there that are just like myself. I could go on and on for days about my life before blogging; it has definitely enriched my life so much that I don't know what I'd do without it now. It might make me sound like a total nut-job, but my blog has become such a huge part of me.

I have met so many amazing, incredible, awesome, straight-up real people that have made this part of blogging that much better. All the twitter conversations, to all the comments I have received on the blog, to all the for real laugh-out-louds - all of it, I will never forget. I know, I sound scatter-brained and all over the place but my emotions, my feelings, and my thoughts are all hitting me at once, lol! I cannot write this post without mentioning some awesome people that I have encountered over this past year. To begin with, during those first few weeks that I started blogging, I became a frequent visitor of the two blogs titled: A Life Bound by Books and Total Bookaholic. Last year during this same exact month, they were hosting a whole month of pure, creepy awesomeness called Haunted Halloween (see sidebar, year 2). I was a total newbie to all this blog stuff so I was completely shocked and amazed that they were hosting giveaways where they were basically giving books away for free. Yes, free. To be honest, they hooked me there, lol! I checked back in daily and I read all the creepy guest posts by all the various authors they featured and whenever I think about my first few months of blogging, my mind automatically reaches out to them. So, I would like to give a huge shout-out to Lisa over at A Life Bound By Books and Jessica over at Total Bookaholic for being awesome at what they do. Along my way, I met even more awesome people such as Katie over at Call Me Crazy YA Reviews, Patrick over at iRandomBlogger, Kare over at Epic Booknerd, Alex over at More Than Just A Book, Darla over at D for Darla's Definite Reads, Brielle over at Awesome Bookworm, and Ecey over at EceRed and...the list could go on forever. You guys are all my RCL buddies - and you guys just rock so hard! Another group that I would love to mention are The Little Reapers - you guys are frickin' hilarious and I know I would never be bored with you guys! And lastly, I would like to give a huge shout-out to everyone who participated in the YA Crush Tournament that took over my whole summer. Lol! Everyone in that made the tournament a blast and all of you guys are so fun! I'm talking about Jaime, Patricia, Brooke, Jena, Rachel, Brittany, Amy, and Heidi! I heart all of you guys! I know *facepalm*! I'm missing so many people (that's a freaking understatement) and I'm so sorry if I forgot you but every single person I've met and talked to, you guys all mean the world to me - trying to not get all gushy and mushy here. You guys get me, you guys understand what it means to swoon over a fictional character, you guys get what it means to get super animated when talking about a book, you guys just get me.

And man oh man, the authors! Blogging *trying not to freak the freak out* has opened up so many ways to interact with authors, I cannot believe it! The author interviews, the guest posts, the character interviews - all of it has been unbelieveable. All the twitter conversations with all of you guys has been too awesome for my lame vocabulary. Blogging has opened up so many ways for me to interact with fellow bookworms such as myself and I am extremely thankful! My blogging experience will be one that I will never forget. So many fun times - the laughter, the drama, the OMGS, the...everything! To all you new bloggers out there, all I have to say to you is that: everything takes time. Oh, and welcome aboard!

Aaah, this post was long and long and long. I don't even know if I got everything I wanted to say out there; I was trying to be reflective but it looks like I was just rambling. Ugh, Momo Fail. BUT all I wanted to say was:

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, BOB!
Cheers to many more years to come! To all my readers, you guys...man, that's a post for another day, lol! Thanks SO much, from the bottom of my heart, for sticking with me and my crazy, wacko posts! I love you guys!

11 comments:

  1. Aww Momo happy first blog birthday! The YA Crush tourney was definitely awesome and Patricia and I loved that whole crazy month!! Congrats girl! <33

    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your one year blogoversary!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww great post! Congrats on your one year blogoversary! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Happy Blogoversary from all of us to you.
    Happy Blogoversary, may all your dreams come true. :D

    Glad you had fun and met a lot of bookwormy people. There can never be too many book lovers in the world, mr included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your one year blogoversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats ^^ to many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy first birthday indeed. :) Congrats, Momo! <3

    --Brielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p