Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jun 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (22): What A Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn


This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author too so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!
My Teaser
Damn, this was kind of hard. None of my knowledge about the opposite sex prepared me for this moment. I knew all about helping people hook-up, but how did you tell a girl that you liked her? That you loved her and you wanted to be with her because she was so much better than all those other girls out there? Girls could do that. They could talk and go on and freaking on about their feelings, but with guys, it was like this little box of mixed up thoughts locked inside my head. The words were there, but I didn't know how to get to them. I'd try and make sense of them, to unlock the box, but then it would slam shut, and all those words would be a jumbled mess again.
- ebook: 60%, What A Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

What A Boy WantsI just finished What A Boy Wants early yesterday morning around four so this probably doesn't count as my current read because that would be What A Boy Needs but since I'm not too far into that one yet, I decided to pull a quote from the oh-so-wise, Sebastian Dale Hawkins.

I picked this quote because I think it's so true, lol! Speaking of ell-ohh-ell-ing, I totally laughed when Bastian said, "They could talk and go on and freaking on about their feelings..." I stopped for a second and re-read the freaking because it was just funny to me, hahaha! Anywho, back to the teaser! This is exactly one of the reasons why I absolutely love reading from a guy's POV - you get insight to stuff like this!

I started What A Boy Needs and I cannot wait to get back to it! Nyrae Dawn's writing and humor gets me every time and I...just love it so much! Have you read these books? If not, you really, really, really, really need too because...I mean, how can someone not read these books!? Also, did I mention how quotable Nyrae Dawn is? Have you seen my twitter stream lately? It's filled with a whole load of quotes from What A Boy Wants, haha! Just check out the hashtag (#WhatABoyWants) if you don't believe me on the whole quoteable thingymabob!

If you have a Teaser Tuesday, link me below and I'll stop by to check it out!

Happy Tuesday and always, happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that teaser, Momo! And I love that you chose WABW and I did WABN! <33 Isn't Bastian just so damn funny? He makes me laugh all the freaking time. I agree with you on what Bastian said being so so true. Especially girls go on and freaking on about their feelings! LOL. I'm so thrilled that you love Nyrae's books. You don't even know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser choice! This book was so cute, and WABN is even more awesome. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh You kill me!! I really, really need to read this. I have both books in my nook, just not the time to get to them yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I love Sebastian, so funny. I just read What a Boy Needs over the weekend, which was great to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED this book! GREAT teaser.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to read this book soon! I keep hearing great things, but something else keeps getting in the way! Great teaser!

    Teresa My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pick this week! Such a great book, and that teasers amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p