Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jun 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (16): Stealing Parker and My Life Next Door

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________

Stealing Parker

Title: Stealing Parker
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: October 1st, 2012

Stealing Parker
Parker Shelton pretty much has the perfect life. She’s on her way to becoming valedictorian at Hundred Oaks High, she’s made the all-star softball team, and she has plenty of friends. Then her mother’s scandal rocks their small town and suddenly no one will talk to her.

Now Parker wants a new life.

So she quits softball. Drops twenty pounds. And she figures why kiss one guy when she can kiss three? Or four. Why limit herself to high school boys when the majorly cute new baseball coach seems especially flirty?

But how far is too far before she loses herself completely?
Why I'm Waiting: I absolutely adored the heck out of Catching Jordan so I know without a doubt that Stealing Parker will float my boat in all sorts of ways! Like, I really, really, really, realllllllly loved Catching Jordan so I'm anxiously and impatiently counting down the days until I can finally read Stealing Parker - eep, I'm so excited you don't understand!


My Life Next Door

Title: My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Dial Books For Young Readers
Release Date: June 14th, 2012

My Life Next Door
A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.

“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
Why I'm Waiting: 1) It's June 13th today which means I only have one more day to go until I can read this book. 2) It's the summer time and I, for some reason, associate contemporary reads with the summer time, so this one will be perfect. And 3) How adorable and cute is that frickin' cover? I need to have that book on my shelf, end of story.


So, how are all of you enjoying your summer vacay? Any of you doing anything super fun and awesome? Please tell me cause I sure as heck am not doing anything so if I hear your stories and/or plans, it will make me feel like I did something, lmao! Anyway, what are you waiting on this Wednesday? If you have a link, drop it in the comments and I'll be sure to stop by!

Happy Wednesday and always, happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. Oh man. I TOTALLY can't wait for this. That cover is just GORGEOUS. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading Stealing Parker last night and stayed up unitl 1.30 am to finish it.. YES it was That good :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you on Catching Parker!!! Cannot wait.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Life Next Door is my Wow this week! And I LOVED Catching Jordan, so I'm anticipating Stealing Parker, too. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stealing Parker!!! I did enjoy reading Catching Jordan, so i will definitely check that one out :)
    Thanks for sharing :)
    my WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't see My Life Next Door, but it sounds pretty good.. Thanks for sharing these..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1612

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks!! I can't believe I still haven't read Catching Jordan. It's been on my nook forever!!! I really need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing same old this summer too, but at least the pool is open to take the girls :)

    I'm excited for My Life too, hope oyu get it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p