Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Nov 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (27): Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi



This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading.


Hmm, look at all that chocolate! Now that the cold weather has set in, I just want warm chocolate-ly yumminess. All that chocolate was definitely a tease, although not of the literary sort, lol. That picture was set there to distract you guys for a bit before I get back to this week's Teaser Tuesday.

The past week few posts have been robotic and it's been blog tour after blog tour that I feel like where did Momo go? So, before I get to Shatter Me, I'm going to do a very quick update... sort of.

First of all, I miss you guys! These past couple of weeks have been hectic crazy that I couldn't even think straight when it came to my posts, lol; Me, myself, and I it really did become robotic. Anyway, how are you guys? What is new? What are some of the new reads that you guys devoured in a quickness? Tell me, tell me, tell me!

Second of all, One Direction has a new album out today--woot woot! I love these dudes crazed and I cannot wait to jam out to their new tunes! Also, I know that there are new releases today but because I suck epically at keeping up to date with what's new and... new, tell me: what books hit the shelves today?

And lastly, three words: Jackson "Jax" Teller Sons of Anarchy. I finished season two and three two weeks ago and just yesterday morning, I finished season four and... OH MY SEXY CHARLIE HUNNAM! Who is a fan?! I am so dying to catch up to season five because it's just so amazing... my mind is blown!

Well, in a tightly packed nutshell, that's where Momo went. I'm sporadically back and can't wait to catch up with all of you. And now that we've all had our share of chocolate-ly yumminess, let's talk Adam, Warner, and Kenji Shatter Me!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Anyone can play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away; you don't want to ruin the book for others.)
  • Share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser.

My Teaser

I spent my life folded between the pages of books.

In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.
- Page 70, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
You know that line that most bookworms frequent? The one that starts with "I don't know why..." and ends with "...I love this book!"? Well, Shatter Me totally falls into that line that most bookworms frequent. I seriously don't know why I waited so long to read this one. Oh wait, I lied. I waited forever and a few months to read this one because for some reason me and dystopians just don't mix. You see, my mind is like... slow and it takes a while for my brain to comprehend everything when I read dystopians so to save my brain the trouble, I kind of just stay away. ;)

Anyway, I finally caved and picked this one up because the fabulous Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads convinced me that if I loved Lauren Oliver's Delirium then I would definitely enjoy Shatter Me and well, what do you know? I am borderline obsessed with Tahereh Mafi.

Her writing is just mind-boggling-outta-this-world-so-fucking amazing-I-can't-think or act function-correctly when I'm reading. It's like I'm sucked into this hypnotizing state of mind and Tahereh Mafi's writing is petting my brain to acquiesce (I wanted to sound smart and went to dictionary.com to look up this word so if I used it wrong in context... well, I did say I wanted to sound smart...) to whatever she wants me to do and whatever it is, I would do, no questions asked; helpless. Needless to say, Mafi's writing was definitely the dystopian deal-breaker for me and now, I'm wrapped so tightly around her writing that it's like a drug I refuse to ever go to rehab for.

Mafi's writing is so abso-frickin'-lutely beautiful, you can bet all the books on your shelf that Shatter Me is completely quotable (from beginning to end)... so you can just imagine how hard it was for me to pick just one teaser to share. I decided to share this one, though, because I can so relate to it and I feel that Mafi totally captured the essence of a reader into this quote... somewhat.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

So yeeeaaaaaah. I am definitely crushing hard on Tahereh Mafi. Like starstruck crushed. She's so awesome that I get all nervous and sweaty palmed when I think about tweeting her. Yeah. That bad.

Mafi fans, what are some of your spoilery-free favorite quotes from Shatter Me? Also, because I like to know where the lines are drawn: Team Adam or Team Warner? Oooh, speaking of Warner, does anyone else seem to think that Monroe from ABC's Revolution reminds you of Warner? Yay? Nay? Just me? Eep, throw in your $0.02 cause I really want to know what you think!

And if you have an epic Teaser Tuesday you'd like to share with me, drop the link below and I'll definitely swing by! Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I loved Shatter Me!! It's good to see the Momo personality back!! I missed your fun posts chick!! This week My pick for awesome book that came out that you need, is Renegade by J.A. Souders. That book was all sorts of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I love "Shatter Me" such a fun read! The quote you included is actually my very favorite quote from the book. I can't remember ever connecting so much with a quote like I connected with this one. My lack of relationships isn't quite as extreme, but I can relate. Some of my best friends are fictional characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear lord that chocolate...oh chocolate.. Can't look away..

    Her writing is amazing isn't it? I love Shatter Me, and that teaser is wonderful!! That was a great pick! She definitely captured the essence of readers in that :D Loved that Momo!

    You rock my socks, now I have to go find some chocolate and re-read that book :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p