Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Apr 3, 2013

Cover Reveal: Four Summers by Nyrae Dawn


Today, I've got a Nyrae Dawn cover to share with all of you and that makes me so excited! Her novels are some of my most favorite and her writing never fails to capture me in a vise grip until the very end.

She has so many books releasing this year into the next that it makes me so happy to hear that this one will be out sooner than we think.

I've seen a few teasers here and there via Dawn's Facebook and website and from what I've read, it sounds like a sweet read that will pack a good, hard punch to the gut. And because of that, I'm so dying to read it as soon as possible! Also, the cover is... oh my gawwwh, so much perfection! This is one you'll definitely want on your shelf, also, one that you'll want in your duffel bag this summer! ;p

And without further ado, I present to ya the cover to Four Summers by Nyrae Dawn!


Title: Four Summers
Author: Nyrae Dawn
Publisher: Self-published
Release date: April 29, 2013
Cover designer: B Design

Charlotte Gates is tired of being Charlie Rae. She loves the lake she was raised on, their rental cabins, and spending her nights under the stars…but inside she yearns for more.

After his freshman year, Nathaniel Chase’s family spends their first summer at The Village. From the beginning Charlotte intrigues him. She’s the girl who always says what’s on her mind, wins at night games, and each time she looks through her telescope, gets lost in the sky.

Over the course of four summers together, Charlotte and Nathaniel become best friends, share firsts, mend broken hearts, protect each other’s secrets, overcome tragedies…fall in love. And say goodbye…

Charlie wants out of The Village. Nate wants her to have her stars. And they dream of being able to do it all together. But life isn’t as easy as their summers.

Each summer is told in alternating points of view between Charlie and Nate. Journey with the pair, and their friends, as they share their story about growing up, discovering who they are, making tough choices, and falling in love again and again.

Just the other day, no wait, just earlier today (oh man, has it been a long day or what?) haha, I was on Nyrae Dawn's blog and I read this post she wrote titled: Four Summers 411 where she clarified a bit on what the book will be about and there's this paragraph where she mentioned... ack, let me just show you:

Now, I'm determined to do it. I've always loved reading what I consider epic romances. I don't think there are many of them out there. I don't think epic has to refer to extra angsty or anything like that. Honestly, I can't even really explain to you what I mean by epic, but those love stories that come from so deep inside the characters. They don't fall in a matter of days or weeks and maybe even it's years. It's what they go through together and how they deal with it and I'm totally rambling and not really saying what I want to, but this book is my try at what feels like an epic romance to me.

Anyway, after reading that post, I just wanted to let Nyrae Dawn know that I totally get what she means, especially this line, "It's what they go through together and how they deal with it..." To me, some epic romances are Lucas and Peyton from the CW's One Tree Hill, Noah and Allie from The Notebook, Jake and Melanie from Sweet Home Alabama, and Henry and Clare from The Time Traveler's Wife. The kind of relationships where you know that no matter where they go in life or no matter who they meet, somehow, someway, they always come back to each other. And not intentionally, either. Like... it just happens and you know that they're meant to be.

Well, that's what I think an epic romance is, lol. If I hit off the bull's eye for misinterpreting Nyrae Dawn's meaning, well then... my bad!

Also, if you want to read more about Four Summers, definitely go back and read Nyrae Dawn's blog post because she included a couple teasers both from Charlotte and Nathaniel's POV.

Well, what do you think of the cover? Leave some comments below telling me what you think!

About the Author:

Writing has always been Nyrae Dawn’s passion. There have been times in her life where she wasn’t able to chase that dream the way she desired, but she always found her way back to telling stories.

One of her loves has always been writing about teens. There’s something so fresh and fun about the age that she loves exploring. Her husband says it’s because she doesn’t want to grow up. She doesn’t think that’s such a bad thing and luckily for her, he doesn’t either.

Nyrae gravitates toward character-driven stories. She loves going on emotional journeys with characters whether it be reading or writing. And yes, she’s a total romantic at heart and proud.

Nyrae resides in sunny Southern California with her husband (who still makes her swoon) and her two awesome kids.

When she’s not with her family, you can be pretty sure you’ll find her with a book in her hand or her laptop and an open document in front of her.

Nyrae is represented by Jane Dystel of Dystel and Goderich Literary Management.

Find Nyrae Dawn online: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. I like the sepia tone and the way the 4 looks like a boat on the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover and I love Nyrae. I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! YES. I totally agree with you on what make an epic romance! Noah and Allie for sure. It's those couple whose souls are just connected and they will always find a way back to each other! Thanks for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cover is so pretty! and I totally agree with you there over the epic romance...
    I so love those stories.. they make us swoon like crazy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! I also love Nyrae Dawn and her books so I can't wait for this. <3

    Dea @ Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p