Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Apr 12, 2013

Momo's Playlist (11): The Feel Good One

 photo c0283cdf-4204-4099-94bd-181cf4275603.jpg

It's crazy how big of a role music plays in my life. When I listen to a song, I cling onto the lyrics for dear life, no joke.

Recently, there have been a few songs that I can't stop listening to, so I decided to make a blog post. Also, yesterday, one of my good Twitter buddy asked me for a few song recs which just... motivated me even more to type up this post.

Normally, I'd only do two songs or so with the Youtube video but this playlist has more than two songs so I'll just list 'em and you can check 'em out if you'd like!

Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up


This song makes me want to jump up and down and sing along without a care in the world. It's so catchy and almost anthem like. It makes me feel reckless, as if anything's possible. Plus, Avril is such a BAMF that it's automatic on the list!

Also check out:

"Pull Me Down" by Mikky Ekko
"La La" by The Cab
"Living Louder" by The Cab

Paramore - Still Into You


I just bought their newest album release about three nights ago and I am lovin' it so much, more than I thought I would which is kinda super awesome! Haley Williams' voice is so wicked so... she rocks! Also, the whole time I watched this video, I just kept thinking, "I need to rob those leggings from her!" ;p Aren't they seriously just the cutest things ever? ERMAHGERD, want!

Also check out:

"Last One Standing" by Hot Chelle Rae
"See You Again" by Carrie Underwood
"Tinted Windows" by Tim McGraw

The Summer Set - Lightning In A Bottle


I just found this song yesterday afternoon and immediately, the video caught my attention. Like "Here's To Never Growing Up," it makes me feel reckless and carefree and it just makes me want to blast it and dance around stupidly in the living room. Also, the lyrics? So super cyoot! I lovelovelove the lines:

And the fake tattoo that you drew on my arm
Had an X and an O
Never change who you are

Just something about it that makes me smile. :)

Also check out:

"Just Keep Breathing" by We The Kings
"Back On The Map" by Kacey Musgraves
"Lay Low" by Blake Shelton

Amy Stroup - Hold Onto Hope Love


On Tuesday, NBC's dating show, Ready for Love, premiered (and i totally watched the whole two hours -- a sucker for these kind of things) and this song was like... the theme song and right away, I fell in love with it. Yesterday, I looked it up and it just cemented my feelings for the song.

When you listen to it, the lyrics are the simplest things ever and they're repeated over and over throughout the song, yet... its message or whatever you wanna call it, is so strong and powerful. They're so sweet and lovey-dovey; I can't get enough of it!

Lastly, check out:

"Whole Lotta You" by A Rocket To The Moon
"Pom Poms" by Jonas Brothers
"Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell

Hot Chelle Rae - Hung Up


Four out of the five featured Youtube videos all have this fun, feel good vibe to it and this is definitely one of the four, ha! I can't help but sing along, the lyrics and just the sound of the song in general makes it irresistible! This is one that has definitely been on the loop for a while!


What song are you currently obsessing over, right now, in this very moment?
For more of Momo's Playlist, check out the hashtag #MomosPlaylist on twitter to see what some of my current (or all time favorite) song obsessions are!

1 comment:

  1. Hot Chelle Rae's song definitely is catchy and feel good! I love the other songs too, they definitely helped pick-up my morning routines listening to them! I hadn't heard that TSS song until now, love it! Thanks Momo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p