Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 9, 2015

All Played Out by Cora Carmack Street Team: Big/Little—“Get to Know”


Last week or so, Cora Carmack introduced the new street team for her upcoming release in the Rusk University series, All Played Out. This time around, all the new members were assigned a mentor, or in my case, a little. As soon as I found out who my little was I got to knowing more about her. Check out my interview/questionnaire with her below!

Cora posted the announcement here if any of you would like to check out the new team! I am so excited and pumped to start spreading the word about Nell and Torres! Leggggo! Let's do this!

About the book:

Title: All Played Out (Rusk University, #3)
Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Expected publication: May 12, 2015
Age group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Goodreads | Amazon
In the third book in New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cora Carmack’s Rusk University series, a good girl is about to find out what happens when she creates the ultimate college bucket list and she sets her sights on a jock.

First person in her family to go to college? CHECK.
Straight A’s? CHECK.
On track to graduate early? CHECK.
Social life? . . . Yeah, about that . . .

With just a few weeks until she graduates, Antonella DeLuca’s beginning to worry that maybe she hasn’t had the full college experience. (Okay . . . Scratch that. She knows she hasn't had the full college experience.)

So Nell does what a smart, dedicated girl like herself does best. She makes a "to do" list of normal college activities.

Item #1? Hook up with a jock.

Rusk University wide receiver Mateo Torres practically wrote the playbook for normal college living. When he’s not on the field, he excels at partying, girls, and more partying. As long as he keeps things light and easy, it's impossible to get hurt . . . again. But something about the quiet, shy, sexy-as-hell Nell gets under his skin, and when he learns about her list, he makes it his mission to help her complete it.

Torres is the definition of confident (And sexy. And wild), and he opens up a side of Nell that she's never known. But as they begin to check off each crazy, exciting, normal item, Nell finds that her frivolous list leads to something more serious than she bargained for. And while Torres is used to taking risks on the field, he has to decide if he's willing to take the chance when it's more than just a game.

Together they will have to decide if what they have is just part of the experiment or a chance at something real.
Connect with Cora Carmack: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

My Carmcat Little is Jenni McDaniel from the blog, ZombieePee! Before we get to the questions, I'd just like to say that she rocks my mismatch socks off! We read the same kind of books (hello, Cora Carmack street team members ;p), we watch the same kind of shows (e.g. Game of Thrones and Vikings! #RolllikeRollo), and we both love Ed Sheeran. If that isn't a win . . .

Q. How did you discover Cora Carmack? What was the first book of hers that you read?

I discovered Cora from a recommendation on my Nook for the book Inspire. I'm a relatively new Cora fan but I fell in love with her and it's my goal to read them all and soon! I followed her on FB and the rest is history. I fangirled.

Q. Who is your favorite Cora Carmack character? Guy? Girl?

So far my favorite Cora character is most definitely Wilder. As I've said before (in my application) he was a breath of fresh air for me. Just a really genuine sweet guy and I swooned. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!

Q. What is your favorite quote from any of Cora’s books?

Anything Wilder says because I can't think of something off the top of my head hehe!

Q. Who do you cheer for in football?

My NFL team is my Pittsburgh Steelers. I was born into my fandom. The whole family lives and breathes Black and Gold. As far as college teams go, that would be the Wildcats here in Kansas :)

Q. What’s your favorite football position?

That's a tough one as they all play an important role but if we are going off sexy factors alone? It would be the quarterbacks, of course! :)

Q. Back in high school, what did you keep in your locker?

Gosh! For me that was awhile ago, lol! Books, of course. I wasn't too girly, I was pretty simple. Sorry this answer isn't very interesting.

Q. If you had to describe yourself using three words, they would be . . .

Three words: understanding, positive, and a nerd.

Q. What was your last 5-star read?

My last 5 star read was On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves. It was different and addicting!

Q. Top three favorite movies.

I have a lot but let's go with my current favorites:

Divergent
The Best of Me
Fifty Shades of Grey

I love how they're all book-to-screen adaptations!

Q. Do you like to pull your toilet paper from the top down or from the bottom up?

This is a very important question and ironically enough this was addressed on FB not long ago. For me? The bottom up.

Q. What is the longest book you’ve ever read?

This might be a pathetic answer because I know there are some LONG books out there but my longest book was by Jennifer Donnelly. Her Tea Rose series is amazing if you haven't read it by the way! The first book was the longest and it was 772 pages long! Amazing reads and they only get better as you go!

Q. What is one song that you know all the lyrics to and can sing on the spot, like *snaps fingers* that?

LOL Well, I've had this song memorized for many many years and it would be Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise.

Q. What is one TV show that you stop, drop, and roll for?

This is one of the reasons I LOL'd from your email because when it comes to people you're married to? We are married to all the same guys (can you believe it?!) besides Jamie Fraser. I had to actually look up who he was. I hang my head in shame. But to answer your question? Vikings!


Q. Favorite alcoholic beverage?

I don't drink much but when I do? It's beer. Corona or Bud Light get my votes!

Q. Favorite color?

Another thing in common! Green!

Q. What song/artist has currently been playing on repeat for you?

Currently—Papa Roach's new album F.E.A.R—it's on consta-REPEAT. Also, guilty pleasure is the Fifty Shades soundtrack. I love it!

Hells, yes! The Fifty Shades soundtrack is so totally eargasmic!

Q.
Let's take one of my favorites listed above and go with "Fifty Shades of Bacon!"

Q.
Red Pill, for sure!

Q.
J-ohnny Cash
E-lvis Presley
N-irvana
N-ina Simone
I-an Brown

(I cheated and these were mostly one person rock bands, lol.) May be my worst answer yet. Eek!

Q.
I fucked a glass of milk because I love marijuana. LOL WOW!

This or That

Q. Coffee or tea? Tea
Q. Summer or winter? Summer
Q. Garrick, Carson, or Wilder? Wilder (or all three!)
Q. Cat or dog person? I know I should say cat here and I have two but I have to go with dog on this one. Sorry, Kitty Katniss!
Q. E-books or paperbacks/hardcovers? Can I say both? I mostly read on my e-reader for simplicity and ease of travel but I pretty much buy two copies of every book (e-reader/paperback). I have to! I need the physical copy for my library!
Q. Twitter or Facebook? Love both but FB
Q. Breakfast or dinner? Breakfast
Q. Ed Sheeran or Ed Sheeran? Ed Sheeran, of course!
Q. Day or night? Night
Q. Jamie Dornan or Charlie Hunnam? Charlie—I'm sorry he's the epitome of sexy. I have a bobble head of Charlie and a Sons of Anarchy blanket. He's close to my heart.
Q. Losing It, All Lined Up, or Inspire? Inspire or all three!

I told you guys . . . she's awesome! Check out her blog, ZombieePee, for reviews, giveaways, and more! You can also find her online here: Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p