Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Nov 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (9): Destined

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________


Destined
by Jessie Harrell
Expected publication: November 17th 2011 by Mae Day Publishing
Synopsis taken from Goodreads

When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.

Destined is a fresh and heartachingly romantic retelling of the Cupid & Psyche myth from debut novelist, Jessie Harrell.

Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and HeroesGreek mythology is makin' it big this year, huh? I don't know about you but I'm stoked for this book. During my freshmen year of high school, I was in a pre-AP English class where we had to read → that book and boy, am I glad I read it! It goes into detail about all the Greek gods and goddesses and the Norse gods and the Titans and all that good stuff! I'm going to be stockin' up on all the Greek mythology books this year into next year, that's for sure!

So, what do you think of Destined? Are you a fan of Greek mythology? Who's your most favorite Greek god and goddess? For me, my most favorite Greek gods are Perseus and Theseus. ;) And as for goddess...I'm not too sure. When I read that book, none of them really stood out to me like Perseus and Theseus. LOL

Anyway, what are you anxiously waiting on this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. So glad that it's Wednesday. Tuesday was terrible. YAY Wednesday!

    And this book is fabulous!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this one sounds AWESOME! I'm so excited to get my hands on it :) Great pick!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for making Destined your WOW picks -- and for all the support on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds awesome! I have not read a Greek Myth story about Psyche before!

    -Sky @ YA Infatuation
    <a href="http://yainfatuation.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html>My WoW</a>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p