Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Nov 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (10): Exiled

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________

Exiled (Connected, #1)

Exiled
by RaShelle Workman
Published: November 11th 2011 by Polished Pen Press
Synopsis taken from Goodreads
Stubborn, sixteen-year-old Princess Venus of Kelari wants one thing, to become a kelvieri, that is, until someone exiles her to Earth, kills her irrihunter and takes her family.

Now she wants revenge.

First she’s got to get home. But before she can return to Kelari, the Gods have commanded her to help an arrogant boy named Michael find his soul mate. Only she doesn't know the first thing about love.

Rather quickly, her inexperience with human emotion is obscured by other matters—alien-controlled psychotic teens that are out to kill her, and a government group that is set on capturing and dissecting her.

Worst of all, Venus will suffer a painful death-by-poisoning, thanks to Earth’s atmosphere, if she remains on the planet longer than one week. Still, Venus is a Princess and she's got a plan. Surely, with her help, Michael will fall in love with a human.

But time is running out and Michael is falling for the wrong girl—her.
Exactly three weeks ago, I ran across the beautiful cover of this book over at .Ya-Aholic. and immediately, I ran over to Goodreads to look up who it was by and what it's all about. On the cover, it's kind of hard to tell who the author is so I just typed in Exiled and I scrolled down the page and there it was. After reading the description of the book, I was hooked. It sounds super interesting! And the cover, without a doubt, drew me in. It's gorgeous, right? :)

What are you impatiently waiting for this Wingsday? ;)
That was a Whitney reference, if you didn't know. Love that show!

8 comments:

  1. This one does sound awesome!! I'll have to look into it... great pick! :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is soo gorgeous !! I cant wait until its out!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous cover and interesting story. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want to read!! Sounds interesting! Here is mine: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-pandemonium.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, that cover is GORGEOUS! The synopsis sounds really intriguing as well. Definitely adding to my wishlist! :)

    My WOW @ Lovely Literature

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a stunning cover! And the book sounds interesting too. :) Thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follower!
    Andie
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover's so pretty isn't it??
    Love the blurb too!!!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be having a giveaway for a signed copy of Exiled sometime soon! Also some swag to (: So youll have to enter it whenever I post it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p