Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Aug 16, 2012

Books Over Boys Gets A New Do


As the title states, Books Over Boys has gotten a new do. If you've been by the blog in the past twenty-four hours, you would have noticed quite a few wonky things going on and that was because codes and widgets were getting moved around.

For the longest time, I've been aiming for this specific blog look for B.O.B that would portray exactly how I saw it in my head but I just couldn't get the design I wanted because I was too lazy to go about getting it done and because I'm just way too picky and indecisive; I can't even deal with myself, sometimes. But thank the design gods and their amazing creativity with graphics and such that I finally--finally--got the design I wanted.

First of all, let's give a huge round of applause to the amazing and wonderful Amelia (Blog | Design Site) and Ishita (Blog | Design Site) for all the hard and fabulous work they contributed to everything you see here on B.O.B.


I went to Amelia for my header, button, and signature. I was a fan of hers for quite a while and I love the look that she's able to conjure up. Definitely check out her portfolio to see what I'm talking about. There are so many images on there that I wish could have been used for mine but after seeing what she was able to whip up for my header, I don't want anything else--LIKE EVER. Seriously, I am so crazy in love with my header I can hardly contain myself! When Amelia sent me the first look at the header, I liked it but there was something off about it that just didn't break necks. After a few crazy emails, Amelia worked her charm and was able to include The Maine into my header--which just excites the heck out of me. I mean, do you guys understand how much I love them!? Like crazy, stupid love. And with all five guys there and the books in the background and the girl reading, it couldn't have portrayed Books Over Boys any better than I could have ever imagined!

But that wasn't all. For as long as I can remember, C.S. Lewis's quote: We read to know we are not alone has been a huge part of B.O.B (Side note: I've seen this quote with the word that right after know and I've seen it the way I've written it above so I'm a bit confused as to which quote is the legit one. If someone could research that for me, I'd greatly appreciate it...although, in my signature, I've already decided to leave out the that.) so I knew that I had to include it somewhere. At first, I had told Amelia to put it in the header but somewhere between her designing and me waiting, I ran across another quote that just screamed at me and then...well, you can see the result in my header and signature.

Overall, my experience with working with Amelia has been a blast and very thrilling! I couldn't wait to receive an email from her to see what new image she had come up with! Often times, I felt too demanding and crazy and irritating and annoying, so if I ever came across like that to you, I apologize--greatly. I was even a pain to myself, haha, hence me being picky and indecisive. Amelia was awesome to work with and she really took into great account what you wanted and made it even better than you could have thought possible. If you're looking for a fresh and different but unique kind of look, definitely drop by Amelia's--she works wonders!

Now, Amelia was the puzzle pieces but Ishita was the super glue that brought everything together. I'm not sure if Ishita had done something like this before where she had to come up with a brand new design (although, it wasn't completely brand new, lol) to go with an image that she didn't create herself. I went to her early yesterday morning, right about this same time, and asked her if she could help me fix my layout/design because I replaced my old header with Amelia's new one and in the process, I messed up a bunch of things that I had no idea how to fix. I sent her an email and the next day, she immediately went to work and didn't stop until my design was to my satisfaction. All day, we were exchanging direct messages on twitter like crazy and as I did with Amelia, I constantly asked her to change this or fix that or add this or remove that, that I felt horrible. But in the end, I couldn't be more happy with how B.O.B looks at this very moment. I'm so excited about it and I just want to stare at it for days.

I loved, loved, loved, loved working with Ishita because she really listens to what you want and does her best to bring forth whatever image is in your head, to the screen. We went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth about what image to use for my background and which one complimented by header the best and oh my goodness, you guys should have seen how picky and indecisive I got during that process. I just kept thinking that my header already says a lot and has a lot going for it that I didn't want a strong background to over-power my header image. Overall, I think the image we picked is subtle yet loud in all the right ways.

Ishita: her work, her persistence, her easy-going attitude made it really easy for me to go to her and be comfortable with myself to ask that she change whatever it was that I didn't like. And people, she works faaaaaaast. This girl is no joke. If you want a design, she'll get it to you before you can even sleep a wink! I think that's what I enjoyed the most while working with her. I didn't have to wait weeks to receive a reply from her about her progress in my design. Also, I was right there beside her as we worked on getting my blog the look that I wanted, which was awesome! All in all, Ishita is amazing and brilliant and if you ever need a design, please check her out because I'm sure she will not disappoint!

Well, B.O.Bsters what do you guys think of the new do? What do you guys like? What do you guys not like? Let me know what you guys are thinking! I'm so stoked that I just want to...aaak;ljs;kjdfkja;skf;skj! Oooh, and before you guys dash, did you guys see my new button, up there on the right? Grab it on your way out, would ya?

I've said this a whole lot during this process but I just have to say it one more time.

Amelia and Ishita ↓

14 comments:

  1. I really love Amelia! She does awesome banners! I feel you about the email :P I think I'm quite demanding to her as well but I still love her <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooove it <33 and LOVE the quote on the banner <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAHAHAHA. Glad you're so pleased! ^.^ And no! You were not annoying! You knew exactly what you wanted. :)

    Would it be okay with you if I copied a paragraph of your post and put it up on my graphic site under the testimonials? :)

    Anything else you need, darlin, lemme know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new design!! It's so pretty!! Just grabbed your button to change in my blog roll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the new look Momo, the header is SO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!!
    Very awesome design and the banner is pretty!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the header and the colors she used. Pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look. Great design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momo you are too sweet! <3 I actually enjoyed working with you, and to be honest you made my life a lot of easier :) Oh and same this Amelia can I grab a paragraph?

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHH!!! I'm in love with your bloggy design. It is AMAZING. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Congrats on your new design, Momo. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amelia and Ishita did a freaking faaabulous job! Your blog looks super awesome, Momo! <33

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p