Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Feb 11, 2013

Cover Reveal: Faking It by Cora Carmack


Today's reveal packs so much awesome that I can't waste anytime chit-chatting about how much I loved the first book and how frickin' thrilled I am that we're getting a second. I mean, book one was just the cutest and the load of awkward in it was totally swoon-coma-inducing. And what? There's a second companion novel? Holy burnt biscuit, yo!

Losing It by Cora Carmack was definitely a release that took the New Adult world by storm! I loved everything about it and if you wanna, you know, know more about what I thought of it, check out my review!

Anyway, remember the storm that Losing It kicked up? Well, the storm was so ginormous that not only did Cora Carmack receive the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author title but HarperCollins couldn't help but pick up Losing It! Yay! They'll be releasing it in paperbacks this very month, in a couple of short weeks! Yeah, talk about freaking the freak out! On February 26th, run out to your local book seller and grab yourself a very gorgeous pretteh!

Pre-order links are available and you should totally secure a copy for yourself just by the off chance that your B&N or... whatever book store you shop at, sucks like mine and won't be carrying copies on release day.

Let's all give Losing It a second awesome send-off into the publishing world, eh?

Losing ItTitle: Losing It
Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Release date: February 26, 2013


Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | IndieBound

How 'bout that cover, right? I mean, how totally perfect is it for the book? I love it so much; it's sexy, it really grabs your eye, and it couldn't portray the book any better! I really cannot wait to see this one sittin' pretty on the store bookshelves, eep! But wait, if you think this one is eye-stopping, wait until you see the cover to Faking It! Oh shoot, that's what this post is about, huh? ;)


Title: Faking It
Author: Cora Carmack
Release date: June 4, 2013


Mackenzie "Max" Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they're expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he's kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they're forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | IndieBound

In some ways, it's very super duper similar to Losing It but in some other ways, it's totally different. I mean, you would know for sure that these two go together if you were to see them in bookstores.

What do you guys think? I love the pink because it makes everything pop and all in yo' face! Also, the expressions on their faces just seem to reveal this sekrit that I so want in on. ;) And please let me know if it's just me or what, but does the guy model kinda sorta resemble Chace Crawford? That was the first thought that came to mind when I saw the cover for the first time. Yea? Nay?

Booknerdigans, let me know what you think of this cover!

About the author:

I'm Cora Carmack, a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. I've done a multitude of things in my life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). I enjoy placing my characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. My first book, LOSING IT, was a New York Times and USA Today Bestseller.

Represented by the fabulous Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary.

Connect with Cora Carmack: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


3 comments:

  1. I think I like that cover even more than the one for Losing It. Looking forward to Faking It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I didn't think of Chase Crawford when I saw it, but now that you point it out, it kinda does. Only a little though. I love this cover too. Even being similar I still think it's fabulous. Besides, they changed Losing It so only Bliss's face is on it now. I really like the change with that one. It makes Faking It not as the same-ish. Lol!! Either way, I can't wait for Cade's book!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p