Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Feb 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (28): If You Stay by Courtney Cole


This weekly meme is brought to you by MizB from Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers; make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away; you don't want to ruin the book for others
  • Share the title and the author so Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to-be-read pile if they like your teaser

My Teasers:

She's rambling. And it's cute as hell. I smile. And as I do, I feel like the Big Bad Wolf and she's little Red Riding Hood. My, what big teeth I have.

I smile wider, especially when I realize that she's even wearing a dark red shirt. And it's stretched tightly across her perfect rack.

"It's okay," I reassure her. "I like stalkers."
- Ebook: location 297

I know I should tell her to run far, far from me, but of course I don't. She's like a ray of sunshine in this bleak hospital room and I soak her up. She's got good, healthy energy and I like the way it feels to talk with her.

She's like a breath of fresh air.

I may be the Big Bad Wolf, but even wolves need to breathe.
- Ebook: location 318

"It was a long time ago," I answer simply. "I've put it to bed."

"Have you?" he replies, his eyebrow raised. "You must be talented. Sometimes, the past doesn't want to sleep."

"That's true," I admit. "You're right. Sometimes, at the least opportune times, the past is an insomniac, alive and well."
- Ebook: location 391

I roll my eyes. "Are you trying to find some sort of reason that I've become such an asshole? The reason is... I'm an asshole. There are some things in life that can't be explained. Period. Assholes are assholes. Rainbows are pretty. Kittens are cute. Chick flicks are sad. It's the way of things, no explanations."

And now she rolls her eyes.

"Things are the way they are, but everything has a reason. Kittens are cute because they're tiny fur-balls with smushed faces. Rainbows are pretty because they have every color in the world in them and they're made from refracted light. Chick flicks are sad because chicks sometimes just need a good cry. And assholes are always assholes for a reason."
- Ebook: location 1340

If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
Add to Goodreads
Okay, so I went a little crazy this week, but don't I always? ;p A few days ago (five to be exact), If You Stay released and I seriously want everyone to read it, although I gotta warn you, it's not for the faint of heart. If You Stay is raw, gritty, heart-breaking, and painful yet... there's all this amazing weaved throughout it that it's really hard not to love. And Pax... you can't read this and not end up loving him. I mean, it's nearly impossible. ;)

My review will go up in a few hours so check back to read all about my feels for this one. Also, come back in two days time to read a really cool blog post from Courtney Cole as part of my stop on the If You Stay Blog Tour.

In the meantime, what did you think of my teasers? Also, if you have a teaser that you'd like to share, link me in the comments below and I'll swing by to check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the quotes you chose! This book rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EHEHEHEHEHEHEE I just read the 'painting' part!!! I loved that teaser, and I just really am enjoying this book!!!

    You rock Momo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this book!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p