Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Aug 13, 2013

Author Interview: Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage

Title: Price of a Kiss
Author: Linda Kage
Publisher: Self-published
Release date: September 3, 2013


I don’t care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean—

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It’s no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate…except for one glitch.

He's a gigolo.

About the author:

The youngest of eight children, Linda Kage grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest. She now lives in Kansas with her husband, daughter, and nine cuckoo clocks. Linda is a member of Romance Writers of America and its local chapter, Midwest Romance Writers.

Connect with Linda Kage: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads







Welcome to Books Over Boys, Linda! First off, tell us a little about yourself and your upcoming release, Price of a Kiss.

Hi! Thanks for letting me stop by and visit. So happy to be here. My real life is pretty boring. I was raised on a dairy farm as the youngest of eight, married at twenty-one, daughter at thirty, and currently working at a university library, blah, blah, blah. So I try to spice things up a little in my fiction world, where I write about heroines like Reese, who’s hiding out from her abusive ex-boyfriend who kind of wants to kill her, and heroes like Mason, who became a gigolo to save his family.

Q. What about writing captivates you the most?

Since I’m a romance girl and all about the happily ever after, all the stories I like to read and write end with the two in love getting together. What captivates me most is the journey they have to make to get there, what obstacles they have to overcome, what angst and tribulations they have to endure. I love feeling the height of all the emotions a good story can bring.

Q. You’ve written three New Adult novels. What sets Price of a Kiss apart from the other two?

Price of a Kiss is told from the heroine, Reese’s point of view, and I’d say it’s her voice that makes this one different from the rest. I can honestly say she’s not like any other character I’ve ever created before. Plus the other two don’t have a gigolo in them!

Q. For those who are unfamiliar with Reese, how would you introduce her?

Quirky. Trendy. Big-hearted. Imperfect but totally in touch with her flaws. More brave than she realizes. And she’s either more humorous than she thinks she is, or she thinks she’s more funny than she really is; I haven’t decided yet! But I find her totally entertaining.

Q. What’s your favorite thing about Mason?

I’d like to say his amazing, hot looks because, wow, he’s totally amazing hot. But I’m kind of in love with the way he adores Reese. He loves her for the way she is.

Q. What book are you currently reading?

Unbroken by Melody Grace

Q. Can you share anything about what you’re working on at this time or what’s next?

Coming next: is Fighting Fate (at least, I think that’s the title the publisher decided on)! It’s about a girl who accidentally falls in love with the guy who kind of killed her brother. And in the works: Well, I’m always fiddling around with about a dozen stories at a time until one just kind of takes over. Two have a real possibility of taking over, so maybe you can help me decide which one to focus on. 1) College football star falls for his young English professor. OR 2) College girl volunteers at a hospital and in a weak moment blurts out to a hot amnesiac patient that she’s his girlfriend because she feels bad that no family or friends have come to visit him and she doesn’t want him to feel unloved. Which one would you rather read?

[BOB: Oh my gosh, definitely the second one! That sounds like such complicated fun! I already want more! ;p]

Q. Lastly, before you go, can you share a snippet from Price of a Kiss with us?

I gazed at him in all his shirtless glory—on my bed, squee!—and was beyond tempted to pull out my cell phone to snap off a few (dozen) pictures to keep forever and ever.

But…he might not appreciate that.

Damn, sometimes being friends with a total hottie could suck. You couldn’t take nearly naked pictures of them while they were passed out on your bed against their permission without getting a serious case of the guilties.

Thank you so much, Linda!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the wonderful interview. And I'm so happy you chose option two on the what-to-work-on-next because I've been leaning more towards that too!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for everyone to read Price of a Kiss -- I totally loved it!

    Also, both those ideas sound fun, Linda, but I agree that #2 has a certain spark to it. I can just start to imagine all the hijinks that could occur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And that beautiful cover! I'm also a romance girl and I practically breathe for HEAs. lol ;p Hahaha...I love how she described Mason. That would be my fav thing about him too! I love the second idea too. That would be unique and totally fun. Thanks for the great interview Momo! I can't wait to read this book now! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p