Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Aug 9, 2013

"Mama, Mama, help me get home..."

Today was like a trip down Delirium-memory-lane. When I first read Delirium back in March of 2012, I was blown away by Oliver's beautiful writing. It was poetic, deep, touching, simple, and just... all the pull-at-your-heartstrings things. When I was Googling graphics to use for today's post, I was yet again reminded of how amazing and gorgeous her writing is.

You're probably wondering why I'm out-of-the-blue talking about Delirium and the reason for that is because my good pal, DJ, has something quite awesome to share with all of you, today! I'm serious, it's really awesome! So, without further ado, check it out!


When he’s not writing, YA author DJ DeSmyter (Hunted) can often be found sitting at the piano stringing melodies and chords together to create songs. His journey as a singer/songwriter has led him to organizing benefit concerts and releasing songs on his own YouTube channel under the name The Wishing Well. In 2011, his song “Delirium” was chosen by HarperCollins to be the official fan song for the bestselling novel of the same name by Lauren Oliver.

Today, DJ is excited to share another Delirium-inspired song, this time using the words from “A Child’s Walk Home”, which appears in the trilogy as a nursery rhyme. And to help celebrate the song’s release, DJ is giving away a paperback copy of Delirium signed by Lauren Oliver!

Take a listen!


To enter the giveaway, fill out the form below. Good luck!


If the form isn't working, you can ENTER THE GIVEAWAY here!

For all the latest updates on DJ’s writing and other projects, visit www.djwrites.com!


So, was that not totally awesome or what? What did you think of DJ's song? Let me know in the comments! And just because I absolutely couldn't resist, here's one last Delirium graphic that I love to pieces because it's one of my top, top, top favorite quotes from the entire book!


Happy Friday, booknerdigans! I hope you all have one heckuva weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love that song!! I haven't read Delirium yet but I am excited to see how the song is inspired by Delirium. I've heard great things about Oliver's books so I am looking forward to reading them! Thanks for sharing, Momo! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p