Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Aug 20, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (31): Breaking Nova by Jessica Sorensen


This weekly meme is brought to you by MizB from Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

  • Grab your current read,
  • Open to a random page,
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page,
  • Be careful not to include spoilers; make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away because you don't want to ruin the book for others,
  • Share the title and the author so Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to-be-read pile if they like your teaser.

My Teasers:

"But if you think you're so creative, then let's see how good you are." She thrums her finger on her chin as she glances around at the forest on each side of the road. "I spy something... green." She smiles at me, amused by herself, which makes her at the moment completely and utterly the most wonderful person that's ever existed, at least in my book.

"Did you just copy me?" I question with an arch of my brow.

She exaggeratedly presses her hand to her heart. "No way. How could I when I don't even know what the answer was?"

"Yeah... I guess..." I focus on her, pretending like I'm trying to read her thoughts, and it makes her squirm. Maintaining an impartial expression, I give her an answer she'll never expect. "Your eyes."

She points a finger at me, grinning. "My eyes are blue."

Even though my mind is resistant, I raise my hand and touch my fingertips to her temple. "Actually, they're blue with little specks of green in them. It's one of the first things I noticed about you."

She presses her lips together so forcefully the skin around them turns purple. "You did?"
- eARC (quote not final): location 2400

But she remains motionless and I wrap my fingers around her wrist, pressing them against the small, bumpy line on her skin, just below the bands. She rests her head back against the seat, her heart rate quickening, before returning to a steady, consistent beat. The feeling of it calms me down, because it reminds me that there's life in the world, and that hearts do keep beating even after they break.
- eARC (quote not final): location 2423

Watching his fingers move remind me of how he touched my scar—or my pulse—in the car. I haven't figured out which one yet, and I'm not sure which is better. Either he was touching the scar that clearly gives away what I did that day on the bathroom floor or he was feeling my pulse, which seems intimate and, even though I hate to admit it, beautiful—because, seriously, who does that? Who feels the heartbeat of another person like it's important?
- eARC (quote not final): location 2535

Add to Goodreads
Okay, so I did really bad this week with picking teasers, but... I just couldn't choose one. I love all three of these and oh my sweet goodness, I so cannot wait for all of you to read this book! It's definitely an intense read and my feels and thoughts have been so deep, lately, lol. I'm getting to the point in the book where everything's about to get real and eeep -- feels!

Anyway, I'm still in shock that I'm already almost done with it because just a few weeks ago, I was dying to read it and now, it's in my hands and I'm almost done -- that's crazypants! I'm just really humbled that I got the chance to read it early and not die from the wait.

So, what did you think of my teasers? Also, if you have a teaser that you'd like to share, link me in the comments below and I'll swing by to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. GAHHHH.....LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVEEE THE TEASERS!!! I cannot wait to read this...like i am dying to read this and meet the characters! :D Thanks for totally making my day, girl! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p