Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (35): Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy


This weekly meme is brought to you by MizB from Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

  • Grab your current read,
  • Open to a random page,
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page,
  • Be careful not to include spoilers; make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away because you don't want to ruin the book for others,
  • Share the title and the author so Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to-be-read pile if they like your teaser.

My Teaser:


Lol, there is no middle ground with me, huh? I either go crazy and post half a page or I go way less and post only one sentence. ;p But, for today's teaser, a second sentence was so totally not needed.

Two days ago, I was on Facebook, scrolling through my feed and all that when I stumbled upon Aestas Book Blog's post about a book called Fighting Redemption. Based off what she wrote, I ran to Goodreads, looked it up and before I knew it, it was downloaded on my Kindle and ready for me to devour.

I'm not quite done with it just yet but so far, I am in love with it! It's crazy good and McCarthy's writing is amazing! This line is definitely my number one most favorite throughout the book; it's so special and the moment it was said... so perfect!

What do you think of this teaser? Drop your two cents below! And if you have a teaser that you'd like to share, leave the link in the comments below as well and I'll swing by to check it out!

About the book:

Title: Fighting Redemption
Author: Kate McCarthy
Publisher: Self
Release date: November 30, 2013


Ryan Kendall is broken. He understands pain. He knows the hand of violence and the ache of loss. He knows what it means to fail those who need you. Being broken doesn’t stop him wanting the one thing he can’t have; Finlay Tanner. Her smile is sweet and her future bright. She’s the girl he grew up with, the girl he loves, the girl he protects from the world, and from himself.

At nineteen, Ryan leaves to join the Australian Army. After years of training he becomes an elite SAS soldier and deploys to the Afghanistan war. His patrol undertakes the most dangerous missions a soldier can face. But no matter how far he runs, or how hard he fights, his need for Finlay won’t let go.

Returning home after six years, one look is all it takes to know he can’t live without her. But sometimes love isn’t enough to heal what hurts. Sometimes people like him can’t be fixed, and sometimes people like Finlay deserve more than what’s left.

This is a story about war and the cost of sacrifice. Where bonds are formed, and friendships found. Where those who are strong, fall hard. Where love is let go, heartache is born, and heroes are made. Where one man learns that the hardest fight of all, is the fight to save himself.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Smashwords

1 comment:

  1. This sound like a book I will love :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p