Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (21): The King by J.R. Ward


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)
Author: J.R. Ward
Publisher: NAL
Release date: April 1, 2014


J.R. Ward's #1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood continues as a royal bloodline is compromised by a grave threat to the throne.

Long live the King…

After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.

Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.

The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Book Depository | Bookish | IndieBound


Why I'm waiting: The better question is: who the heck is not waiting?! ;p Just this year, I discovered the epic-ness of Ward's un-put-down-able BDB series and wow, I don't know how I went this long without these books in my life!

I can't recall when I started 'em, I wanna say around April/May. Anyway, when I got into the series, I read them back to back to back to back to back to back. For really reals! I read the first eight books in about three weeks. And a half, maybe, because I'm not that fast of a reader, lol! When I got to the ninth book, I was like, "Wait, who is this character?" Because I had already read about all the characters that I wanted to read about, the ninth book put me on pause. I still haven't gone back to it.

But, I will read the 9th, 10th, and 11th book before The King releases, for sure! I'm so stoked for this one because Wrath was definitely one of my favorites and to know that he's getting another book is driving me the-good-kind-of insane! ;p I so seriously can't wait!

I haven't done a Waiting on Wednesday post in forever but the reason why I decided to feature The King today is because the other day on Facebook, Ward posted an update that heightened my excitement for this book even more!


The King is finished !!!! Woot, woot! I mean, it's probably not all that exciting and we still have to wait forever for its release... but, it's done! Yayay! *claps, claps, claps* :)) And did you see where she said "he'll get bigger"? Oh my gosh,


That's a true fact. ;p

So, that's what I'm anxiously waiting for this Wednesday! What are you waiting for? Leave a comment below and dish it out! I can't wait to see everyone's picks!

1 comment:

  1. Well hello Momo!
    I too am so excited about reading about Wrath again! I have already pre ordered my book and is counting down the days but it's been hard let me tell you! The only thing I don't like is Wrath's book cover image! Don't get me wrong the gut is nice lookin, but I see him as a body builder or a handsome bouncer. Wrath is much bigger, with LOOSE flowing black hair, what's up with the pony tail and where is the five o clock shadow?! This is just a black haired Eric Northman from True Blood.
    Any Way I already fantasizes about how he look to me and can't wait for the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p