Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (23): Dark Skye by Kresley Cole


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #15)
Author: Kresley Cole
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release date: August 5, 2014


In this highly anticipated fifteenth novel in the Immortals After Dark series, #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole spins a sultry tale of a mighty warrior scarred inside and out and the beguiling sorceress with the power to heal him—or vanquish him forever.

Eternal Obsession
As a boy, Thronos, Lord of Skye Hall, loved Lanthe, a mischievous Sorceri girl who made him question everything about his Vrekener clan. But when the two got caught in the middle of their families’ war, tragedy struck, leaving Thronos and Lanthe bitter enemies. Though centuries have passed, nothing can cool his seething need for the beautiful enchantress who scarred his body—and left an even deeper impression on his soul.

Endless Yearning
Lanthe, a once-formidable sorceress struggling to reclaim her gifts, searches for love and acceptance with all the wrong immortal suitors. But she’s never forgotten Thronos, the magnificent silver-eyed boy who protected her until she was ripped from the shelter of his arms. One harrowing night changed everything between them. Now he’s a notorious warlord with a blood vendetta against Lanthe, hunting her relentlessly.

Can the heat of desire burn brighter than vengeance?
With their families locked in conflict and battles raging all around them, will Thronos and Lanthe succumb to the brutal chaos that threatens everything they cherish? Or will the fragile bond they formed so long ago spark a passion strong enough to withstand even the darkest doubts?
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks


Why I'm waiting: Just recently, I finished MacRieve. When I got to the end, I was positive Munro would be the next book in the IAD series. I did my research and found instead, that book #14 will be Lanthe and Thronos' story. For a split second, I was furious that Munro wouldn't be getting his story next. Especially with where things left off at the end of MacRieve; I just wanted to know what was gonna happen next! (Unless... I'm completely off and he's already gotten his book in the series.) After the fury passed, I got lost and confused as to who the heck Lanthe is.

See, the thing about the IAD series, for me, is that, I randomly started this series with book #7: Kiss of a Demon King. When I picked it up, I remember getting pulled in by the cover. My sisters and I were at Target and it was one of the books on the outer shelf and immediately, I gravitated towards it. The moment it touched my fingers, I knew it was going home with me.

At the time, I was not blogging yet so I didn't have all the outlets that I do now to look up everything about the book. Therefore, I had no clue I was starting the series halfway in; if I did, I wouldn't have started it. Since then, I've been sporadically reading the series whenever I see a new book on the shelf. (... that's why I'm not sure if Munro's gotten his book yet). One day, I'll purchase all the books in the series and read 'em from beginning to end, promise!

Anyway, I'm really excited for Dark Skye because... after my memory got going, I realized that I do know who Lanthe is. I was first introduced to her in... what do you know? The very first IAD book I picked up: Kiss of a Demon King. She's Sabine's sister—aaahhh! I so cannot wait for her and Thronos' story! Based off the synopsis, it sounds so epic, doesn't it?!

Well, that's what I'm anxiously waiting for this Wednesday! What are you waiting for? Leave a comment below and dish it out! I can't wait to see everyone's picks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with this book collection but I'll definitely be looking into it after reading the blurb - sounds captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this series is definitely a must read! i started reading it in 2012 and now i'm always waiting for the next release too bad i can't buy dark sky till late september but i'm going back and reading from the beginning to contend myself...
    ps; i started with "a hunger like no other" and i was hooked for life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Munro does not.have his.book yet. O.dont know what shes waiting for. This seried is a must read
    And on nook she has almost all of them available. O started with mcgrieve. Amd ended up buying them all to book 14 and tjey were alll great. Love kresley cole. And once i started i didnt stop. Im now rereading . And prowling like a cat waiting for jer turn to eat . As i wait for her next book arcana series has me calm. Thabk you kresley for being an awesome author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p