Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Nov 11, 2010

Book Review: Halo

Title:  Halo
Author:  Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher:  Feiwel & Friends (August 31st 2010)
Genre:  Young Adult
Series:  Halo #1
Pages:  496


Synopsis:  Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings.
But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls in love with the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth.

My $0.02

The cover for this book is gorgeous!  I could stare at it for hours.  I have to admit, this book was a little hard for me to finish.  It was hard for me to finish because the first person point of view came from Beth and with her being a celestial being, it was harder for me to comprehend her feelings and what she was going through.  But as the story unfolds, all the emotions and feelings Beth goes through are very human, so to speak.  Throughout the story, I kept feeling like Xavier was the bad guy, even towards the end. I have no clue why, I just did.  When Xavier brought Beth to meet his family, I wanted to be there and meet his family too! I love how Ms. Adornetto described everything about his family!  But enough about Xavier; I love Gabriel! Everything about him was perfect!  The story seemed slow to me as it started out, but towards the end everything came together quite fast.  Overall, I liked this book! I am excited for the release of the second book, Hades.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard mixed things about this one so I guess I've put it off. I do agree that it's a gorgeous cover though! After reading your review I'm a bit more anxious to get to it. So hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p