Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Aug 18, 2011

In Other Words...

In Other Words – Poetry on SYN FM Radio

**Edited at 9:42pm

I've had this idea or curiosity brewing in my mind for a while now but I just never got to asking you so while I was in the shower, where all my genius ideas come from, it came to the front of my mind and I had to make a post.

I know that when someone asks you who your favorite YA guy is...it's generally very hard to choose because you know, you can't just have one! Ha! Now, I've never read The Hunger Games series but I think *runs to Goodreads to retrieve the summary* OK, I'm back! So there's the annual Hunger Games where one boy and girl have to go in and...yeah. So, I was curious, say a battle like this occurred and if you have to call forth seven guys under the categories of 1.) Vampire, 2.) Angel, 3.) Werewolf, 4.) Faerie, 5.) Human, 6.) Gods (Greek mythology related) and 7.) Demon - who would you choose?!

In other words, who are your number one top favorites under each of those categories? Or in some other other words, who would you call forward to defend your honor? ;) For me, here are my top five:

1.) Vampire - Edward Cullen
2.) Angel - Will from Angelfire
3.) Werewolf - Brandon from The Crescent
4.) Faerie - Ash, the Ice Prince
5.) Regular human - Alex Kylar
6.) Gods - Aiden St. Delphi
7.) Demon - Luc Cain

And here's why: Edward Cullen because...well, he's in the first book that I've ever read about vampires so he'll always be number one! Will from Angelfire because...well, have you read Angelfire?!?! 'Nuff said! Brandon from The Crescent because he's oh-so humananh! Ash, the Ice Prince because ohmmgee, he's the perfect brooding, broken guy! Alex Kylar because even though he's just a regular human, he's got enough spunk about him that you'll confuse him with being an angel or...something else completely! Aiden St. Delphi because he's so sexy that I'm out for a spell to make him jump out of the book and become real! And lastly, my most favorite demon is the one and only, Luc Cain because he's sooo scorching hot that all the fire in the room will leave no oxygen left for you to breathe; in other words, he's breathlessly hot! ;) #toochessy? LOL

Who are your top six and why?!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh! I like this! Let's see here...

    1) Vampire: Simon Lewis! (from The Mortal Instruments) Seriously, you just have to love him. :)

    2) Angel: Zachary from Eternal & Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith (I don't have a lot of Angel boys to pick from... should read more. I'll take suggestions, though. lol!)

    3) Werewolf: Sam Roth from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Oh my word, I LOVE him. *swoon*

    4) Faerie: I'm HORRIBLY behind in this one! The only fae boy I've read is *checks* Keenan from Wicked Lovely, but I just baaaarely started that book (as in I've read maybe 4 chapters). But I've heard some great things about Ash, so I'll go with him.

    5) Regular Human: Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games. *sigh* My fav YA boy. I love those nice guys!

    6) Gods: Henry from The Goddess Test. Oh my word is he delectable... even if he is Hades. lol.

    This was so much fun, thanks! I really need to read some angel & faerie books I guess... again, I'm open for suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have angel, you gotta have demon, don't you? ;)

    And *GASP* where's Patch?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Lucia for you I edited the post and added a demon category in there! :)

    And Patch is there too but I am currently too in love with Will that I don't think I'll ever recover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.) Vampire - Michael Glass from Morganville Vampires

    2.) Angel - Will from Angelfire (ME TOO!)

    3.) Werewolf - Sam Roth from Wolves of Mercy Falls (Probably b/c I haven't read many werewolf books)

    4.) Faerie - Ash, the Ice Prince

    5.) Regular human - This category is TOUGH. I don't think I can honestly pick one.

    6.) Gods - Griffin Blake from Oh. My. Gods.

    7.) Demon - Luc Cain mainly b/c I haven't read many demon books.

    *New category*
    8.) Human w/ supernatural powers -
    Michael Weaver from Hourglass


    I had to add an extra category b/c even though they're human, they still have something extra that sets them apart. :-)

    Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this--totally fun. I posted mine on The Crooked Word.
    http://thecrookedword.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-other-words-from-books-over-boys.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha.
    Loved your list!
    It's sort of like mine, but for Vampire I would choose Damon Salvatore... Sorry Edward, but he's got spunk- Still love you too! lol
    And for human it has to be Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games. He's so adorable and sweet and cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.) Definitely simon from The mortal instruments.

    2.) Does Jace from the Mortal Instruments count? If so, then Jace, Jace and Jace!

    3.) Sam Roth from the Wolves of mercy falls. I. Love. Him.

    4.)Ash.

    5.) I don't like humans. but if I HAD to choose, I guess I would choose... I don't Know!

    6.) Hmmmmmm..... I don't really read any books with gods, but I guess I could choose Hades... in general...

    7.) I. Have. No. Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo many books to choose from!!
    well here's my list... :)

    1.vampire- bones from halfway to the grave (yummm)
    2.angel- my ultimate favorite guy ever!!! Patch!! from hush hush
    3.werewolf- gotta go with my second main man- shay from nightshade!
    4.faerie- ash the prince of ice
    5.regular human- hmmm... oddly i havent read much regular books lol
    6.gods- also one of the genres i have to start reading :/
    7.demon- the oh so delicious luc csin from original sin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! I do have to disagree with you about top vampire though. I've always been a sucker for Anne Rice's Lestat and Laurell K. Hamilton's Jean-Claude.

    Also, I’m a new follower— wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. simon lewis for sure! :)

    Check out the GREAT GIVEAWAYS we have going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally wanna take your blog button! Hope you don't mind! Books over Boys! Thats just awesome! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this idea! Okay lets see...

    1.) Vampire - Rhage from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

    2.) Angel - Akiva from Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Almost finished with this book and Akiva has some seriously smoldering eyes and burning wings. How can we say he's not hot?

    3.) Werewolf - Cole from the wolves of mercy falls series. Why? Well he's smart, funny, and acts like he doesn't care, but he really does.

    4.) Faerie - Niall from the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. Why? I don't know but he just came to mind.

    5.) Regular human - Eric from Backstage Pass by Oliva Cunning. He's funny almost always, except when he has to be serious, and he's in a band.

    6.) Gods - Acheron from The Dark Hunter series/Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

    7.) Demon - Luc from Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p