Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Feb 9, 2012

Hiatus, yes please!


I've never heard of the word hiatus until The Vampire Diaries - who seem to be so famous for going on breaks. All over the twittah, when TVD would pull a hiatus, I would see that ↑ word and think, "Oh, that's what they're [TVD] on!" I never looked up the word because in the context that everyone was using it, I sorta figured what it meant.

For a long while now, I've sorta been...disconnected with reading, blogging, more reading, and more blogging and I think it means that a hiatus is in tow. If you've seen my tweets on the twittah, you would know that I haven't been able to pick up a book and read it from start to end. I'll pick it up, read it more than 3/4 of the way through and then I'll just put it back on my shelf until who knows when. When I do that, I'm screaming at myself like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PICK IT BACK UP, YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!" And I totally agree with myself but just reading that line right there doesn't feel right. I don't wanna force myself to finish a book just for the sake of finishing it. If I'm not feeling a book, I wanna wait and give myself time until I can fully appreciate the book for what it is because if I just finish it to finish it, I feel like I had to read it instead of reading it for fun....and that's just not me. Unless, it's for school. LMAO.

Now, if you haven't noticed, I haven't posted a book review on my blog since the last day of last year. That's a really long time to go without reviews but in my defense, lol, I take about forty minutes up to an hour for every single one of my reviews because...I like to write long reviews; I feel like it helps get how I felt and what I liked about the book thoroughly across. And you can't really post a review if you haven't been reading. I don't know what it is, it's just this really, weird funk that I've been in since forever and I can't get out of it. I'll be forever thankful for the book that will save me.

What's even more weird is that my brain constantly wants to read yet every time I pick up a book, I get bored or...what's even worse, sleepy! Argh, such a fail. I could sit in front of my shelf for hours on end, just staring at my books thinking about starting this book or oooh, how about this book, or how about this book, Momo?! But I don't ever pick up a book because said scenario just rinses and repeats.

And as all of this is going on inside my overactive mind, I roam the twittah to find that plenty of other bloggers are already on like...their fiftieth book of the year and it just blows my mind. I feel inadequate and slow and so behind but I tell myself, "I was never a mad reading machine before, why do I need to change the way I read just because I blog now?!" I'm not saying that being on your fiftieth book is the most horrible thing ever, it isn't, at all. I'm proud of you guys who can do that; I wish I could, lol! But for me, personally, I just get overwhelmed and raunchy if I ever tried to read that many books.

Also, when it comes to blogging nowadays, I just get....turned off. I dread opening up a blog post to write something up, I dread seeing my blogger dashboard, I....just feel like it's too much right now. And if that's how I'm feeling, a break is definitely what I think I need. I'm feeling quite burned out right now and so here I am, writing up a post to tell you all that Books Over Boys will be out of order until....further notice. I mean, I might pop in every now and then for a post but other than that, BOB will be closed until....I have no idea.
By the way, this post was only supposed to be like a paragraph long, but there went my mouth, yapping off before I could stop it. ;)

I hope all of you guys will still stick by BOB and I as we go on our vacation or rehab...thingy, so to speak, lol. We're not abandoning any of you; we will be back just not for a while, probably. I heart all of you and I will miss you guys dearly. Don't miss me and my outrageously weird humor too much! xD

P dot S → The one place that you will always be able to reach me is on the twittah, so if any of you are there, you'll be able to find me at @BooksOverBoys. That's it for me for now! DEUCES, yoooooo! <3

9 comments:

  1. *hugs* I get what you mean about not feeling the reading. I'm actually finding myself reading a lot of first books lately and not having the urge to pick up the next book in the series. Have a happy hiatus, Momo! I look forward to your return. Catch you on twittah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do what is the best for you. I will be looking forward to your return, and will continue to chat with you on twitter. I wouldn't be able to go without your awesome humor!! Much love chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I've felt that way since October! I don't know what it is! Some kind of burnout :( I'm just not sure how to get over it!!

    I keep trying to push through but some days I just feel blah about it all! I hope your hiatus helps you!! See you when you get back ;) (and on twitter everyday of course...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to miss reading your blog posts. Have a good break. I look forward to when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a restful break! Can't wait to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, I'm sorry you're having reader's/writer's block. I hope everything works out for you real soon, and until then we'll all be waiting for more posts :) (but don't worry, take your time)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Momo, I hope you get your reading mojo back. I know exactly how you feel, and you have my sympathies. But I lurve your long reviews and can't wait until you come off of hiatus. Have a wonderful break! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blog has gone on hiatus many times. And my brain didnt want to read for a while last year too. I think I just felt pressure to review everything. When I stopped putting that pressure on myself, it got easier to read and slowly (like months slowly) i started blogging again. It happens to the best of us.

    I did tag you in this Book Tag thing where you get tagged by someone and answer their questions. I chose you to tag before I realized you were on hiatus, so no worries if you dont do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I've given you the 'Lovely Blog' award! :) See here: http://burnt-pages.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-award-one-lovely-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p