Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (17): Grave Mercy


This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!
This past weekend, I started reading Grave Mercy and....omg, it's freakin' amazeballs! Like way awesome! I've mentioned it before and I will again, I absolutely love stories that take place during the time period of knights in shining armor, prince and princesses, wizards and sorcerers, bows and arrows, swords, and horses, and...basically medieval times and this book scored big time for me! It's so epic I can't even put into words how much I love it and I'm barely a hundred pages in - barely! So, based off that, I know that once I finish it, I will feel as if I've lost a friend. Seriously. <333

With that said, I couldn't just do one teaser because as I was reading, there were so many lines/paragraphs that stood out to me and I just wanted so badly to share them with all of you, lol! So, without further adieu *pause* (I had to google which way was the correct way to word that phrase and....read this post: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/ado-versus-adieu.aspx || BWAHA, I feel so dumb now!) Now, without further ado! LOL, I'm cracking up at myself SO bad!

My 1st Teaser
Dizzy at the speed with which my world has been turned upside down, I stall, trying to think of one last argument I could make. I have joined the convent to withdraw from the world of men, not to be thrust upon the mercy of one.
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)- ARC → Page 87, Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

My 2nd Teaser
As he rows, his chest strains against the fine velvet of his doublet. The muscles in his arms bunch, then stretch, with every pull on the oar, and I cannot help but think that even with all the training the convent has given me, he could easily best me in a hand-to-hand fight.

Not liking the direction of those thoughts, I cast my gaze out to sea, certain I have been consigned to a special section of hell.
- ARC → Page 98, Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

My 3rd Teaser
I begin to dismount and immediately Duval is at my side, helping me. He reaches up and puts his hands on my waist. I bite back a gasp of surprise as the warmth from his hands seeps through his gloves and my gown to my skin, driving away some small portion of the chill Death has brought. He lifts me from the saddle and as soon as my feet touch the ground, I pull away from him. I am all business, as if he has not just touched me more intimately than I have ever been touched in my life, and I head toward the grave.
- ARC → Page 104, Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
_________________________________________

More, more, more, please?!
I absolutely cannot wait to get school outta the way so that I can read more into this baby! It's seriously amazing! And the author's going to be about an hour or two away from me next Wednesday! Aah, I'm dying to go - SO bad! At this moment, I'm desperate, willing to do anything to attend and...I think, I'll be there. Not for sure, just yet, but maybe.

Anyway, back to the book! GUUYS, how sexy is the name Gavriel Duval?! That name definitely tops the sexy names list! I could just walk around saying Gavvvv.riiiiiiiii.elllll over and over again and I'll be super giddy as efff! I've barely been introduced to him for 3-5 chapters but already, I lurrrve him; totally my knight in shining armor. <333

So, what do you guys think?! Which teaser teased you guys the most?! ;) And if you guys have a TT, link me below and I'll check it out when I get home from school, lololol - school, gets in the way of everything!

Pdots → Did you guys notice that in the 1st and 3rd teaser, they both contain a word from the title of the book?! Omg, bet you guys didn't catch that! GRAVE. MERCY. Omgomgomgomgomgomg!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome teasers!! I still haven't gotten to it yet. I am super behind on my reading. I am going to be reading it very very soon though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are liking this one =) and that we got the whole 'ado' thing out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple from this book today - yours are the best! Thanks for sharing. I need to read this one.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh I saw the "grave" one but not the "mercy". That's awesome :) FANTASTIC teasers!

    My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I'm dying to read this book!! I so jealous you get to read firs :p just kidding (not really). Awesome teasers!! Can't wait to meet Gavriel!! Here are my teasers: http://inbetweenbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-dark-divine-by-bree.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers! I tried reading this book a while back and couldn't really get into it. Now I am kicking myself because EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE loves it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I'm so glad you're enjoying this! I certainly did. And Gavriel Duval has seriously become one of my Top Ten YA crushes. I mean the man is deadly AND has manners :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHHHHHHH YOU USED AMAZEBALLS!!!!!! i frickking love that word!!! hahaha hahaha you are so dang funny!!!! i cant wait to see Robin on the 4th!!! great teasers!!!! you gotta come!!!!!!!!! i wanna meet you!!! cuz ill be there for sure!!!!!
    Tara's Tease

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Momo- thanks for stopping by Reading Lark! Great teasers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your teasers. I never thought of doing more than one teaser for the same book. I like that idea. Thanks for stopping by Good Choice Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome teasers!! I think I will start this one next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god I love Grave Mercy & Gavriel Duval is such a sexy name, I have to agree! Just finished reading Dark Triumph and I cannot wait for the next book :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p