Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 25, 2012

In My Mailbox (14)


IMM is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea at Pop Culture Junkie where we post about books we have received during the week via mailbox, local library, or store bought, etc.
________________________________________________





• Angelfire/Wings of the Wicked swag
• A Touch Morbid bookmarks
• A Grave Mercy bookmark
• Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (Goodreads | Amazon)
• A Pure bookmark
• An Angelina's Secret bookmark
• Elemental by Emily White (Goodreads | Amazon)
• An Elemental tattoo
• A Masters of the Veil bookmark
________________________________________________ 

Ha, I have a story to tell you guys about the books I got this week but first, to the swag!

A ginormous thank you to the fabulous Courtney Allison Moulton for sending me that huge load of amazing swag! If you guys don't know it by now, I'm like...the ultimate fan of the Angelfire series so when I got my sister-in-law to read Angelfire, she kept asking me how Will looked like, how Ellie looked like, etc. and when I went to look for my Angelfire bookmarks to give her a set, I was down to only a few...left for myself. And then...those awesome bookmarks showed up at my doorstep...well, my mailbox - same thing! I loooove them so much! <333

I didn't receive the two books until earlier today. I knew that the mail person came around 12-3 in the afternoon but I...just didn't go outside to check, lololol! I don't know...today has been such a weird day for me. Yesterday, when I got home from school, I knocked the eff out until 8pm, woke up for thirty minutes, then I crashed until 8am, this morning. I couldn't sleep anymore so I got up and watched Robin Hood; I told myself that after I finished the movie, I'll start on my homework. Gag - homework. That was such a slow and arduous process, nearly killed me. In between answering homework problems, I was tweeting and then a friend of mine asked if I had received Grave Mercy; that triggered me to go outside and check the mailbox. When I got to the mailbox, there were two awesome packages waiting in there for me! My reaction:


I totally should have checked sooner but I wasn't really expecting anything...well, I was expecting Grave Mercy but I didn't think it was going to show up until early next week. Anyway, I'm super duper excited to start that one; actually, I'm going to start it as soon as I finish up this post and this interview I have to do!

An enormous thank you to Shellie from Creative Reads for sending me her ARC copy of Grave Mercy! She knew that I have been wanting to read this one since the beginning of time and I seriously cannot thank her enough! She absolutely rocks the hardest! <333

Another big thank you to the amazing crew over at Spencer Hill Press for sending me an ARC of Elemental! I cannot wait to dive into this one! It's definitely up at the top of the pile! Also, the swag - eeep! When I saw the Pure bookmark in there, I realized that it was my very first one...which was sorta weird! I mean, I would have bugged the heck out of JenniferLA for sending me some Pure swag...but I...hmm, it never occurred to me! Anywho, I absolutely luuuurve it!
________________________________________________  

So, what was in all of your guys' mailbox this week?! Anything superbly awesome?! Leave yo links and I'll be by! Happy reading!

And dudes, Games of Thrones is almost back! WOOT WOOT!

26 comments:

  1. Woot! Grave Mercy! You need to read it before you get to Books Inc.! I'm so stoked for that signing, I hear that book is filled with epic! Enjoy everything!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Grave Mercy is actually really good and totally worth your time. I'd be doing the happy dance too if I got the physical copy as a surprise in the mail.

    Anne, Grave Mercy is TOTALLY filled with epic, I can indeed confirm that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tweeting about the Angelfire swag - I may be getting some as well! I sooo want to read Grave Mercy! It sounds fantastic! :) Can't wait to read your review on it and for the novel to be released!

    Here's my IMM!

    Happy reading! :)
    Lexi, the Literature Lion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Swag is always awesome! <333

      Delete
  4. Yay for Grave Mercy! Great haul and enjoy your reads!

    Drop by my IMM?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Grave Mercy. I got all excited about The Immortal Rules, so I pretty much dropped everything to read it, and I have a few books I have to read before Grave Mercy, but I will get to it next week. Awesome swag!! I love bookmarks and swag. :)

    Amy @ Book Loving Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week!! I cannot wait until Grave Mercy!! Happy Reading

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Grave Mercy! It sounds so great!!! Ooo *Drool* look at all that pretty swag too! I hope you're having an awesome weekend Momo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all that gorgeous swag! And Grave Mercy looks soooo good! Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read my Grave Mercy! I have heard so many great things about it!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I may start Grave Mercy next with all the excitement and love it's getting in your comments!! I've been putting it off, well, cause it's kinda large and in charge...LOL.

    And you know from facebook I'm IN LOVE with your Angelfire swag!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO. MUCH. ANGELFIRE. SWAG. *stares*
    The only cool thing I've had this week: I saw The Hunger Games today! And it was SO much better than I expected it to be. I actually just got back from the theater around half an hour ago, and, simply, I'm impressed. I was expecting it to be terrible.
    I'm going to stop talking now, but WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN IT YET?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, right?! I was soooo excited when I pulled the envelope outta the mailbox. I was like, "Woot! It's so heavy!"

      LOL, and dudeee, I saw it already - during the midnight premiere! It was definitely done right and superbly epic! I totally love it to pieces!

      Delete
  12. Ooh, Grave Mercy! That one looks awesome. And I looove your Angelfire bookmarks. That's so awesome :) Happy Reading!!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO HOO! Grave Mercy!! I have an eARC so I'm super jealous you got a print copy of it and a bookmark! Too cool! I have to thank you because you posted an awesome picture of the Angelfire/Wings swag and because I commented how pretty and awesome they were, Courtney Allison Moulton is sending me some too! So THANK YOU MOMO! :)

    Elemental looks awesome too. I'm so going to check it out! And Yay for the Pure bookmark! I have two that I love more than anything! lol!

    Awesome mailbox Momo! You don't do them every week but they are always super awesome and the best I've seen always!! Happy reading!

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, I started Grave Mercy around midnight this morning and I am hooked so effin' hard! I just wanna kill my homework right now because I had to stop my reading - booo!

      And you are very welcome! The swag is so pretty and shineh in person! :) RIGHT?! The Pure bookmark just sparkles! I love it oh so very muuuuch!

      YOU, Jessirae - are the sweeetest! Thanks so much! Love ya, girl!

      Delete
  14. Grace Mercy looks awesome - I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are some sexy looking boomarks you got!!! and yea for grave mercy!!! i get to see Robin on april 4th! and im super excited to get my hands on a copy!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA i love GIFS!!! and im so stealing that brad one!! great week!!!! Happy Reading~
    Tara's IMM & HG Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, are you seeing Robin on April 4th at Books Inc.?!?! DUDEEETTTE, i wanna come to that signing SO FLIPPIN' BAD...but i don't have a ride! I am lovin' Grave Mercy so bad that i'm about to just hitchhike a ride! WAAHH!

      And my gifs, lol, sometimes i just google gifs! I have a folder just for gifs, hahahah! I know, i'm lame but oh well; they sure do come in handy when i need to express a certain emotion, lmaoooo!

      Delete
  16. Oooh, so much pretty swag! ;) Grave Mercy looks so good. I thought it was high fantasy, but apparently, it's historical fiction! Crazy! Elemental also looks fabulous. I've always wanted to control an element. Hope you enjoy your books, Momo! :) Happy reading <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, I love your IMM banner, too cute!

    I've been hearing so many good things about Grave Mercy, have to check it out.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the swag! And I can't wait to get into Grave Mercy! Awesome haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh! Looks like you got some yummy books this week!
    Thanks for sharing!
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by :) I'm now following you back!

    Grave Mercy is on my wishlist, enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're welcome Momo =) You did get a plunder of good things this week. Hope you enjoy them all (in which I know you will)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p