Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (14): Crewel, Silver, and Grave Mercy

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________


Title: Crewel
Author: Gennifer Albin
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux Books for Young Readers
Expected publication: October 16th, 2012
"May Arras flourish at her touch."

For generations, girls known as Spinsters have been called by Arras' Manipulation Services to work the looms and control what people eat, where they live, how many children they have, and even when they die. Gifted with the unusual ability to weave time with matter, sixteen-year-old Adelice Lewys is exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But Adelice isn’t interested. Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.
I found out about this one...sometime in January, I believe, and ever since then, I've been keeping tabs on it because it just...flat out sounds amazing and different and unique and a whole lotta awesome! Every time I check back on it, there still isn't a cover for it, but I believe Gennifer said that she has news on that so...keep your eyes out for it; I think it's going to be gorgeous!

Silver

Title: Silver
Author: Talia Vance
Publisher: Flux
Expected publication: September 8th, 2012
Beauty is pointless when no one's looking.

Brianna Paxton has been invisible to guys since the eighth grade. She’s pretty enough, it’s just that no one bothers to look. There’s almost nothing that can’t be explained with science, and Brianna has a theory: she’s missing the pheromone that attracts people to one another. Brianna’s theory is shot to hell in one frozen, silver moment, when time stops and Blake Williams not only sees her, he recognizes something inside her that she’s been hiding from even herself.

Before Brianna fully understands who and what she is, she accidentally binds her soul to Blake. Forced to find a way to reconcile forbidden love and her bloody heritage, Brianna discovers that there's nothing pointless about her, and Blake may be in the most danger of all.
"...she’s missing the pheromone that attracts people to one another." That line right there sold me, lol! The minute I read the synopsis, it became my second most highly anticipated 2012 debut! Crewel's my first most highly anticipated. =) But anyway, back to Silver - doesn't it sound awesome?! For some reason, when I read what it was about, faeries came to mind. I don't know why...but I have this weird and strong feeling that faeries are behind this story. I could be completely wrong (most likely) but either way, I wanna read this one. Baaaaad.

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)

Title: Grave Mercy
Author: Robin LaFevers
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Expected publication: April 3rd, 2012
Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae's most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?
Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf? Hellooooo, is it just me or does that quote/tagline sound like it's going to become a big time hit, real soon?! :) Like, you don't have to read anything else from the synopsis. When you read that line, it just screams EPIC ADVENTURE at you, doesn't it? Or am I alone on that one too? Anywho, I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of this one sooooo bad! I'm super duper uper (not a word but I just made it a word like .275 seconds ago; it came from the word uber) excited for this one. I know, I'm super duper uper excited for all three of these but this one sounds right at home to me. I loooove movies that take place during the time era of King Arthur (the movie with Clive Owen), Robin Hood, The Last of the Mohicans, etc. and this book sounds like it's something like that but it's all in words.

#WINNING
_________________________________

So, what are your top picks for this Wednesday? Leave your links below and I'll swing by your blog to check 'em out! Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Crewel and I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Grave Mercy, which is awesome! Thanks for including Silver on your list. I hope you love it. The official back cover copy will be released soon, which may tell you a little more about it :) I'll let you know as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, lucky you! I think I'll really enjoy Grave Mercy so I can't wait it! :)

      I can't wait to see Crewel's cover, eep! And back cover for Silver?! Ooo, that probably means my weird guess about faeries was wrong, lol!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p