Welcome to my stop on the Fall with Me Blog Tour hosted by Sizzling PR. For today's stop, I've got an awesome excerpt from Fall with Me, a super fun guest post by Julie Particka and the tour wide giveaway to share with all of you, so do not go anywhere because there's a lot of epic going on here! Let's get to it!
About the book:
Author: Julie Particka
Publisher: Entangled: Embrace
Release date: April 28, 2014
Age group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Love is patient. Revenge is sweet.
In the game of love...
Dumped by her college boyfriend for her best friend, the last thing Jenna Brandt needs to deal with is working beside her backstabbing-BFF's hotter-than-hot brother. But when he offers her a chance to get some revenge on her ex, she can hardly say no—even if spending more time with Sutton puts her heart in jeopardy all over again.
Someone's going to get hurt...
Sutton Bell has had a thing for Jenna since they were in high school, but after one screwed-up night, she didn’t want anything to do with him. Now, with just the summer before he leaves to begin his new career, Sutton’s determined to convince Jenna he’s not the player he used to be. But saving his sister from making an awful mistake may mean losing Jenna for good.
Excerpt from Fall with Me:
10 Interesting Facts About Fall with Me
- Jenna’s hatred of pink was inspired by my friend Amy who detests pink to the point that I’m pretty sure she refuses to wear anything that has pink in it anywhere. I always found the strength of her aversion hilarious and when I went researching tool belts and saw they came in pink, I knew I had to use it.
- Jenna’s nickname came about as I was recalling this guy I had a crush on in junior high. He always called me “Betty Boop,” but he always had this tone to his voice that made me think he was just trying to irritate me. Now, with many years of hindsight, I realize he was probably flirting with me in his own way. So I wanted Jenna’s nickname from Sutton to be something like that—something no one else called her that barely made sense in her mind and she was never sure what it meant.
- Mr. Brandt’s business was modeled a bit after my own father’s. He owned his own home modernization business and employed mostly family members and close friends (my first boyfriend actually worked for him for a while years after we broke up—yes, we’re still friends). So much (but probably not all) of the job stuff is accurate from what I recall working for my dad, including the types of homes we worked in and the stuff we did.
- There’s a bit in the book where Sutton brings Jenna’s mom flowers. That actually happened to me once, and my date would never fess up to why. Sutton’s story is the best explanation I could come up with... other than my date had a thing for my mom, which... eww.
- Sutton’s car. Originally, there was a line in the book that was a Supernatural reference, where Jenna compared Sutton’s car to Dean’s Impala. It was cut from the book, but a couple days after I wrote it, I stopped for gas and had a guy pull in behind me... in Sutton’s car (make & model). The whole time I was pumping my gas, I debated turning to him and using the line.
- Sutton’s house was based on a church a friend of mine found when they were house hunting a few years ago. I’d heard of people living in churches, but until then I’d never seen one done that retained a lot of the “church feel” while still making it really homey.
- The original draft of Fall with Me was written in about ten days, which I believe is the fastest I’ve ever drafted anything.
- The original title was Something Blue. I can’t remember now why we changed the title, but I like the new one so much more that it doesn’t really matter.
- Of the two main couples in the book, I “cast” three of the four characters. Adam was the only one I never bothered with... until someone asked me about dream cast and I had to go find someone :P
- Speaking of cast...
- Jenna: Jennifer Lawrence
- Sutton: (younger) Tom Welling
- Lacey: Nina Dobrev
About the author:
Julie Particka was told to get serious about her future in Junior High. Several years after getting a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, she realized being serious was over-rated and went back to her first love—writing. Now rather than spending her days in the drudgery of the lab or teaching science to high school students, she disappears into worlds of her own creation where monsters sometimes roam, but true love still conquers all.
She can most often be located in the Detroit area with her favorite minions (the ones who know her as Mom) where she is currently hatching a plot for world domination. It involves cookies for everyone, so she’s pretty sure there’s no way it can fail... except the minions keep eating the cookies.
Connect with Julie Particka: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway
|Check out more stops on the Fall with Me Blog Tour.|