Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 14, 2013

Cover Reveal: More Than Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram


People, I have another gorgeous cover to share with you! Man, today's bookish news just keep getting better and better!

This is one that I feel not a lot of people have read but I wish everyone would!

The story line of the plot is so different (well, when i stumbled upon it) and it's seriously the sweetest and cyootest thing ever... the relationship between Jamie and Ryan, that is. Also, I definitely think it's Oram's writing that captured me wholeheartedly; she's able to capture the voices of her characters so well that it's hard to forget about them. For example, Ryan Miller -- I can't get him out of my mind, ever. He's just the sweetest and he's oh-so-perfect for Jamie!

Exhibit A:

I was proud of Jamie regardless of whether or not the rest of the student body understood her, and I was determined to let everyone know that. As we walked through the lunch line, my arm securely—and obviously—around her waist, I met as many curious gazes as I could with reassuring smiles. That’s the only reason I noticed the girl in front of me slip in time to catch her.

“Thanks,” she said a little breathlessly as I set her back on her feet.

“It was my pleasure,” I said, still a little giddy from my awesome Jamie-is-my-girlfriend high. “I’m a quarterback, you know? I never get to catch.”

The girl laughed until something caught her eye and her face went instantly white. When I followed her gaze she was looking at Jamie. I had to hold back laughter when I realized what the problem was.

In making myself Jamie’s boyfriend I’d basically stamped CAUTION: PROPERTY OF THE ICE QUEEN on my forehead. I was more than okay with that, but it did make me somewhat unapproachable now. I mean, people may not have known all the different ways Jamie could kill them without even trying, but they still knew better than to mess with—or flirt with—the Ice Queen’s boyfriend.

Not that Jamie would actually hurt them. In fact, I doubted she’d even care about the flirting. Jealousy didn’t seem her style. But I was the only one who knew that. As proof of that, the girl who’d just fallen into my arms mumbled a quick, “Sorry,” Jamie’s direction and then practically sprinted back to her seat.

Jamie and I both laughed a little as we sat down. “Poor thing,” Jamie said, snickering.

“Yeah. I remember the first time I had to interact with you. It’s pretty scary.”

“Oh yeah, I’m sure you were real terrified as you were asking me to make out with you,” Jamie said sarcastically. “But that’s not what I meant.”

What else could she have meant? Jamie laughed at my confusion and then nodded her head toward the girl we’d just scared off. “That poor girl just slipped on potato salad and fell in love forever.”
--

Read the rest of this excerpt.

Okay, before my mouth runs off without me, check out the cover and then you can read more of my gushing... if you'd like, haha!


Title: More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2)
Author: Kelly Oram
Publisher: Bluefields
Release date: January 2014

Jamie Baker, the only girl in the world with superpowers, has now accepted who she is and learned to control her power. Not to mention she has the best boyfriend on the planet. Life is finally looking good.

But the day she witnesses an accident and decides not to save the guy out of fear of being exposed, she realizes that simply being Jamie Baker isn't enough.

After seeing Jamie so wrecked with guilt, the ever-helpful Ryan Miller decides it's time to make all of his fantasies about turning his girlfriend into an honest-to-goodness superhero become a reality.

Of course, coming up with a decent Super Name and fending off all of Ryan's attempts to get her into spandex aren't the only problems Jamie faces. The more her alter ego starts to make headlines, the harder it becomes for Jamie to hide her extracurricular activities from her best friend, the government, radical scientists, and the mysterious new guy who is determined to steal her from her boyfriend.

I first heard about Being Jamie Baker a couple months after Books Over Boys had its first blog post. From the get-go, I wanted to read it real bad but at the time, I didn't have the means to order it online nor did I have an ereader. What had hooked me was the book trailer. I'm not that big of a fan of those but this one is seriously one of the few that I adore. I mean, check check check it out!


I mean, how can you not want to read it after watching that? If that didn't convince you, read chapter one of Being Jamie Baker because that will definitely pound the nail all the way in! ;p

Because I couldn't get my hands on a copy right away, eventually, in that two year time frame (from when i first discovered it to when i read it), it drifted away from my mind until one day, somehow, it came across my screen again.

Right when it did, I purchased it onto my Kindle in a crazed frenzy and started reading like I was book starved. Sure enough, I finished it a day later because I was so totally swept away into Jamie Baker's crazy yet one-of-a-kind life.

Needless to say, I can't wait to get this one onto my Kindle so I can devour it in a quickness. Sidenote: I didn't realize the release date was January of TWO THOUSAND FREAKIN' FOURTEEN. What the eff. Now, that is crazy!


So. Tell me, tell me, tell me, what do you think of these covers? Also, I luuuuurve the green eyes -- that's my favorite kind of green. <3

About the author:

Kelly OramKelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

Connect with Kelly Oram: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p