Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Mar 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (20): The Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


It's been quite a while since I've done one of these but after seeing the news about today's pick I couldn't help but write up a post and squee like never before.

The Edge of Never was one of my most favorite reads from 2012 and after finishing it, I wasn't sure if there was going to be a book two; I saw a comment on Goodreads from a fan saying that Redmerski might write a book two but at the time, it was just might.

Just within this month, we've learned a bunch of amazing news about The Edge of Never -- eeep! If you've been living under a rock, here's the news from Redmerski's website:

2012 was an exciting year for me and I hope 2013 will top that. THE EDGE OF NEVER was picked up by many, many foreign publishers (including HarperCollins UK) and publishers in Brazil, Norway, Germany, Thailand, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Serbia and Montenegro, Hungary, Israel, among others. Audio rights were also obtained by Audible.com. On the publishing side here in the United States, THE EDGE OF NEVER was picked up by Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance in a two-book deal! So yes, there will be either a sequel, prequel or spin-off, but I can’t confirm which just yet. We are waiting on the official cover for that book to be finalized and then it will be announced.

In the meantime…

The print version of THE EDGE OF NEVER sold by CreateSpace has been taken down from Amazon, but the new and improved EDITED version will be available again – AND IN BOOKSTORES – in July 2013 (U.S. only)! I’m so excited! The official edited digital version will be available from Grand Central on all digital platforms (including Kobo and ibooks) in March 2013!

This makes me so freakin' excited, I really and seriously don't know how to deal with it; I just can't wait!

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)Title: The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance
Release date: November 5, 2013


He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

Five months ago, Camryn and Andrew, both dealing with personal hardships, met on a Greyhound bus. They fell in love and proved that when two people are meant to be together, fate will find a way to make it happen.

Now, in the highly anticipated sequel to THE EDGE OF NEVER, Camryn and Andrew are pursuing their love for music and living life to the fullest as they always swore to do. But when tragedy befalls them, their relationship is put to the ultimate test. As Camryn tries to numb her pain, Andrew makes a bold decision: To get their life back on track, they’ll set out on another cross-country road trip. Together they find excitement, passion, adventure—and challenges they never could have anticipated.

Sexy. Daring. Dangerous. THE EDGE OF ALWAYS takes you on a ride you won’t forget .

Why I'm waiting: First of all, why not? The Edge of Never was so amazing and so super special to me that I am over the moon about getting a book two!

Also, here's some more news for those of you that haven't quite crawled out of that giant rock just yet. ;p

THE EDGE OF NEVER first introduced you all to Camryn Bennett and even though the story was written in both the POV’s of Camryn and Andrew Parrish, it was *mostly* in Camryn’s POV. But THE EDGE OF ALWAYS, I’m excited to announce, will *mostly* be in the POV of Andrew Parrish! And the cover will look a lot like Camryn’s cover except it will have Andrew on it! :-D So, to all of you die-hard cover-obsessed readers out there, you’ll get a nicely done matching themed cover to look great on your bookshelf next to THE EDGE OF NEVER.

TOTAL ERMAHGERD, right!? Right.

I don't know when the blurb and release date was announced but seeing that I just found out about it not even an hour ago, this goes to make for one of the biggest bookish highlights of my day. And seeing that it just started... that's pretty amazebomb!

Anyway, I really cannot wait to read this one. SO BAD. <3


So tell me bookworms, have you read Camryn and Andrew's love story? What did you think? How freakin' stoked are you for The Edge of Always? Let me know your thoughts and feels and squees and swoons in the comments below!

If you have yet to discover their love, well... get on it, like right now. Today.

And lastly, what are you impatiently waiting for this fine Wednesday? Drop yo' link and I'll be there in a quickness!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book from the series yet but this one sounds great and I'd love to get my hands on it. Great pick and thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent read any books by this author but i have a feeling that will soon change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds pretty cool. I'm definitely going to give it a second look and read the first book's blurb to see if my kind of book.

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS LOOKS SOOOOO GOOD. I didn't even realize there was a sequel planned! Thanks Momo! you're awesome sauce.

    Here's my WoW pick for the week, The Collector by Victoria Scott (@ i*Heart*BigBooks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the first.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p